"Oh, Evie." He engulfed me into a hug. "Oh, stop it before you make me cry."

I giggled against his chest and rested my forehead on his shoulder. "Don't tease."

He was such a dad. For a moment I let John just hug me and comfort me. I damn near needed it.

"Erm... Coach Harris? Evie?"

We broke apart and sure enough, Damien was stood there staring between us. I'd totally forgotten I'd come here with him. How else would I have gotten in to this gym? I had to meet him here after practise.

I wiped my eyes and turned my head toward him. "Damien. Sorry, we were just..."

"She was upset about something. She needed a hug." John said.

I hid my smile from him as I took a respectable step back from John so Damien didn't assume anything more. "Yes and John decided--"

"John?" Damien repeated.

Oh right. Technically, I wasn't supposed to be close to him. How could I be? John and I never cross paths. Never. So what could be my excuse for hugging him and somehow being on a first name basis with him? 

"I... Uh..." I stared ahead trying to think of something. Nothing. Not a thing.

"Don't worry about it, Damien." John's eyes said, 'Ask anything and I hit you'. So Damien didn't question it.

"Right." He mumbled in reply. "Evie, are you ready?"

I nodded. "Yes, but I'm going to... My parents house tonight." I lied. The lies just continue to pile on, and on. 

He chuckled and waved. "Have fun at your boyfriends. I'll catch the last bus."

I watched him leave and turned to John. "You could get me in trouble."

"You could get yourself in trouble because you're fucking your history lecturer." He mumbled and I smacked his head with my hand. "If I were human that would have hurt."

"What you said was rude." I started walking away.

He followed. "What I said was the truth."

"Jonathan, I swear--"

"Don't call me Jonathan." 

I scowled at him before walking into the changing rooms and grabbing my large bag filled with my clothes and overnight clothes for when I go over to Michael's. I shrugged on my coat and scarf and walked out.

John met me out front, not changed either but he had put on track pants and a coat. I walked straight past him but he caught up with ease. "I was joking back there."

"Yes, well I didn't appreciate it at all. In fact right now I'm kinda thinking you're an asshole."

"Oh, Evie. You're so... Tense. Loosen up. I know this whole thing has you on edge. I know you're hurting because of all of this." He sighed but then clicked his fingers. "Let's go out for a drink."

"What's the point?." I mumbled next to my car. "And besides, the last time I had a drink in my hands you threw it away because I'm not nineteen."

He shrugged. "Under different circumstances. And besides if you're drinking, it will loosen you up. If you can't have sex with your man, you turn to alcohol."

My face started burning. "Uh..."

"I speak the truth young human! Now get changed in your car, I'll be by your door to take you to a local bar in ten."

"But I stink."

"No, you won't. Get changed then meet me in this spot."

I did as he said and got in the car after giving him a mysterious look. I put on my jeans, t-shirt and cream cardigan and met John beside my car.