Just A Little Bug

"Well if you ask me-" You began as you brought the blankets of your bed up to your chin.

"Which I did not." Said T'Challa as he finished trying to get dressed, chuckling at your ability to be this incorrigible so early in the day. He was walking around your spacious bedroom in his boxer shorts, looking for his pair of pants and a button up shirt. Unbeknownst to him, you hid them just for the sole purpose of making him walk around in his skivvies for a little bit until he gave up and turned his search to the closet. Your plan was working fabulously and you were enjoying your view.

"I think you should stay here and take care of me." You said, with a pouty huff at the end of your sentence.

"What in the world are you talking about?" He asked, looking at how seemingly fine you appeared to be.

"I'm sick, couldn't you tell? Listen to this." You let out the most inauthentic cough in the world followed by a flutter of puppy dog eyes. "See? Obviously I must have caught some sort of bug."

"Could it be just a little bug? Maybe some fresh air would do you good?" He suggested as he walked by the bed and you reached out to grab his hand, pulling him back to you.

"I can't, I've got vertigo too. If I move too much I could pass out, or worse." You said in a grave tone of voice. "That's why I need you here, with me, in case I collapse. Otherwise who would recover my dead body?" You held up the covers and T'Challa sank into them.

"You know, I will be King someday." He said, still not fighting back as you enveloped him in your blanket cave.

"Yeah and you never let me forget it." You said as you rolled your eyes at the man you adored. No matter what, he'd never stop being your first and only love despite his impending title.

"Which means," he continued as he cuddled up to you some more, "that I only have so much time left to just be your husband and nothing more. I'll let my security chief know that my presence is needed here, with my wife as she recovers from her 'maladies'." He put the last word in air quotes and you slapped them away before taking his face in your hands and kissing him softly on the lips.

"Are you serious though? You'll take the day off and stay with me?" You asked in disbelief. He had been so stressed about the Sokovia Accords lately and you had hardly seen him at all. Your father in law had been keeping him busy that you had seen him so little in the past few weeks. This would mark the first day that you had him all to yourself.

"Of course, what kind of King would I be if I didn't take time to attend to my most loyal subject?"

"Loyal subject? You do realize that when you become King T'Challa, I'll be Queen Y/N, don't you?" You said and smirked at his sudden look of uneasiness.

"I...suppose you are correct." He said, an inquisitive look on his face.

"Yeah and I'm going to be a malevolent ruler!" You stood up in your pajama shorts and tank top, pointing to the sky with one hand on your hip. "Our enemies will cower before us and this land will flourish under our new regime!"

T'Challa reached up and tickled you in the side in the middle of your tirade. Instantly, you fell into a heap of uncontrollable giggles as he continued to tickle you. Tears were streaming down your eyes from laughing so hard and he laughed along with you. Soon enough, your tickle fest turned into a pillow fight. Try as you did, T'Challa outfought you and the entire room was covered in feathers as they floated down. A few of them landed in your hair and T'Challa lovingly picked a few of them out as you moved to straddle his waist.

"You will make a brilliant Queen someday. Feared by many and loved by more." He nuzzled your neck and sent the butterflies in your stomach into a crazy flutter.

"You better believe it." You said, hands on your hips with a knee on either side of hips.

"Especially when you are no longer ill." He said, smiling wide at how "sick" you still were. You slowly slid off his lap with a sheepish look on your face at his words.

"I really am sick, y'know?" You said, pushing your bottom lip out in a cute little pout and crossing your arms.

"What's causing you so much distress, Y/N?" He asked, pulling more feathers from your hair and pushing it behind your ears.

"I don't know. I don't really feel quite like myself lately." It was true. As of late, you had been having trouble getting into your usual routine. Something felt off and you hadn't wanted to tell him, but it was starting to worry you. Your fears were confirmed when you saw the worry begin to cloud his eyes.

"You'll need to see a doctor at once." He said, suddenly very serious as he frowned at you.

"No! I can go to the doctor any time, but right now, I've finally got you to myself." You held him in place as he had started getting out of bed again. It wasn't your intention to worry him any more than he already was, but you figured he ought to know if you really weren't feeling well.

"Has it really been that long since we last spent any time together?" He asked more to himself, but you still nodded your head yes.

"At least a week or two. I know you're busy and your father needs you, but so do I." You felt guilty just saying it. He never meant to ignore you on purpose and while the small snippets that you've seen him between meetings are better than nothing, you still craved quality time with your husband.

"My father only asks what is necessary of me as Prince of Wakanda. Sometimes that includes sacrificing my time with you." He said, head hung a little low as he acknowledged the unfortunate truth.

"T'Challa, there's a lot going on and I should be one less thing for you to worry about, but I miss you. All I'm saying is that a little more time with you would make this so much easier for the both of us."

"I know you do and I need you too. Once the accords are signed, I give you my word as future King Of Wakanda-no, as your husband that I will make time for you." He said, holding your hands firmly in his.

"Now was that so hard?" You asked rhetorically, grinning from ear to ear and surprised that your plan to keep him home actually worked.

"It certainly was not," he said, leaning in to kiss you, "but there is something else we have been neglecting."

"And what's that?" You asked, smiling into your kiss.

"Producing an heir." He whispered sensually.

"You could not be more correct," You said, hastily ripping your tank top off, "we have been shirking our responsibilities as future rulers of this great country."

"We have a lot of time to make up for, my queen, we shouldn't waste any more."