Chapter 48: Ease

Comincia dall'inizio

-"Will! You're doing it again."

-"Right. Sorry. Arrgh... I don't even know where to start, for God's sakes."

As he complained, the tall blond figure of Caspar appeared suddenly, walking calmly towards the two of them with his left hand in his pocket and his right hand holding what appeared to be a chocolate milkshake, from which he was drinking unceremoniously. As soon as he reached Will and Lilly, she knew this wouldn't be good.

-"Sup?"—Caspar asked, way too casually.

Will started rubbing his temples, clearly fuming.

-"Caspar... What is that on your hand?"

-"What? Oh, this?"—Caspar asked, holding out his drink—"Oh it's a chocolate milkshake! And one of the best ones I've had, if I do say so myself!"

Lilly just refrained herself to watching the argument before her. She didn't have the strength to fight her desire to see Caspar being scolded by Will.

-"... Weren't you supposed to be at the bathroom?"—Will asked sternly.

-"Oh, yeah—I was, but then I got thirsty."

-"Where did you even get it?"

-"Well there's a Burger King a couple of blocks from her—"

-"—BURGER KING!? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!? REALLY, OF ALL TIMES, NOW!? YOU ALREADY ATE ON THE WAY HERE! WHY DID YOU LEAVE WITHOUT TELLING ME!? WHEN WERE YOU EXPECTING TO TUNE UP YOUR BASS!? AND WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR BASS ANYWAY, DIDN'T YOU TAKE IT OUT OF THE VAN WITH YOU...!?"

It was like watching a little puppy getting yelled at for biting the house's new furniture, and pissing all over it. Except it was two freakishly tall teenagers instead of a puppy and its owner. Even though Caspar pretty much looked in the verge of tears (which was a pretty odd sight, given he was a little taller than Will), Lilly couldn't help but laugh under her breath. That is, until she noticed someone walking up to them that made her stop laughing from one moment to another, and rather become worried due to Will's rampage.

-"Eh... Will...?"

-"... AND DON'T YOU COME AND TELL ME THAT YOU WERE THIRSTY, OF ALL THINGS, BECAUSE IT WAS YOU WHO drank UP ALL OUR WATER ON THE WAY HERE! NO WONDER YOU WERE PISSING YOUR PANTS! YOU DIDN'T EVEN SHARE ANY OF IT WITH THE REST! AND TO TOP IT OFF I HAD BOUGHT THAT WATER...!"

-"Will..."

-"... YOU KNOW YOU GET ALL HYPER AFTER YOU HAVE TOO MUCH CHOCOLATE, AND LETS NOT FORGET HOW GASSY YOU GET WHEN YOU DRINK TOO MUCH MILK! YOU ARE THE LEAST CAREFUL LACTOSE INTOLERANT PERSON I'VE EVER MET! SERIOUSLY CASPAR DO YOU WANT TO GIVE ME A STROKE...!?"

-"WILL!"

-"WHAT!?"

Lilly punched Will in the ribs, managing to shut him up just in time as Troye's mum reached the group with a wide, oblivious smile. She turned towards the woman with a wide grin, not minding that Will was cursing under his breath or that Caspar was actually sobbing and wiping off tears with his free hand.

-"Hello Mrs. Mellet! What a surprise to see you here!"—she greeted with a friendly tone—"I didn't know you were coming to the see the contest?"

-"Oh, Lilly, I wasn't really, but... well, to be honest, Sage insisted to come and see her brother play. And well I don't know what was it that got into me, but I just couldn't tell her no. So she, her father, Tyde and I managed to get here for the show."

Laurelle spoke dreamingly and even a little bit excited, possibly for the show. She seemed to be so glad to be there that she didn't really notice Will or Caspar's respective facial expressions.