Prologue

This Is Where We Say Good-bye

~Prologue~

It was the day she died when it all started.

It must have been the traumatic event that flipped the switch, the switch that set me off, as my therapists say. But I say I’m fine.  To me, this is all normal. I am used to it.

I mean, if you had been seeing people who supposedly do not exist for about six months, you would think it is normal too.  You would be used to it; you wouldn’t think anything of it.

But, they don’t think it is normal. They are sure something is wrong with me.

But, it’s okay. By now, I am used to it. I just wish they would understand that.

Except, there is one thing.

Do you know how hard it is? Losing your best friend? It feels like you yourself are dying, like there is someone stabbing a knife into your gut, into your heart, and twisting it around.  It feels like some sick joke.  All you do is cry, and wish it had not happened. You wish it had been you. You wonder, why? It is the person you had planned on having forever, the person you wanted to die with. You do not want to even be in the world without them.  Now who is there for you to fight your fights for you? To catch you when you fall? To hold you when no one else wants to? The one person who would never let you down, is now gone.

And you never got to tell them how much you love them.

Apparently, that is the reason I am now labeled as crazy.

If only we all really knew.