Chapter Two

Jazmine smoothed out her dress as she headed down the wooden stairs. As she did she crossed her other light skinned friend Katrine.

"Jazmine! Thank goodness I found you. Massa wants you to get his coat that he asked for you to wash yesterday."

Katrine was Jazmine's old friend. They both were raised with the same issues. Not feeling like they belonged...

"Of course!" Jazmine said as she picked up her dress and hurried down. By this time, guests have flooded the living space.

Quickly she passed Riley and Caesar who were in the butler suits. White gloves covering their large hands.

"What did She fuck up this time?" Riley asked with a chuckle as Caesar looked behind her with a shrug.

Cynthia gracefully walked down. Her golden hair braided back as usual as red lipstick popped on her heart shaped lips.

Riley caught a glimpse of her and bit his lips secretly. Though Caesar noticed.

Quickly he nudged him.

"What?!" Riley snapped, quickly returning a warm expression to a white woman who took a pastry from his tray that he was holding.

"Why make eyes at Massa's granddaughter now?! Not the time. If he catches your Negro eyes staring-"

"Oh shut it. Nobody will know." Riley interrupted.

Valerie hurried out her hut after she changed into her dress. As she did, she spotted Huey still picking. With a smile she crept behind him.

"I know you are there." Huey said as he continued picking.

"Come inside. You know you are gonna get whipped by Massa once he realizes you've gone." Valerie insisted

Huey sighed as he stood up turning to face the brown eyed beauty.

"I will. Now you go. Before Massa whips us both."

Valerie just smiled and planted a kiss on his cheek. Then she turned her heel and walked away.

Jazmine sighed as she saw the couple in the fields making googily eyes at each other. Valerie pressed her lips against his cheek and walked away. Leaving Huey to touch his cheek blushingly.

Jazmine sighed as she went to retrieve Massa's coat. As she did she walked back inside. Keeping her head low from disapproving eyes.

"Mulatto! Ova here!" Wuncler called her. He was in the kitchen with her mother Sarah. Which so happens to also be Wuncler's wife.

Sarah looked to Jazmine sadly, but quickly turned away to continue talking with the other white women.

Jazmine frowned as she handed Wuncler's coat to him.

Disgusted, Wuncler examined his coat.

"There is a stain!" He growled, a cigar flipping at the side of his mouth.

Jazmine widened her eyes as she looked to Sarah he looked at her as well and to Wuncler.

"Hold on honey. Let me see that." Sarah offered taking his coat.