"Oi!" Ayato chased after me. "What's your problem?" He demanded. "Nothing." I lied. "Nothing, my ass. Tell me what's going on." He ordered. "Just go away, Ayato." I said. I opened my front door and went to the kitchen.

I took a severed arm out of the fridge and ate it hungrily. "Tch. That's what'd you expect from a binge eater." Ayato said. "Give me a break, will you? I'm doing the best I can here." I said. I felt Ayato grab my shoulder and turn me around so I was facing him.

"What's up with the tears? Are you sad about something?" He asked. "I'm not crying." I stated, frowning at him. "Take another look," Ayato raised his hand to my face and gently wiped away a tear. "Not crying, huh?" He said.

I raised my own hand to my face and felt that my cheek was a wet. "I am... crying." I said slowly. That's when I realized why I was crying. It was because of Rize. I pressed both of my hands to my face as I began to sob lightly.

"Rize..." I whispered as I continued to cry. I stepped in front of Ayato as my hands clenched on his clothing.

Ayato's POV

Great, she's crying. What am I supposed to do? How do you make a girl stop crying? "Hey, it's going to be all right." I said. Kaori sniffed before resting her head on my shoulder. I hesitantly wrapped my around her waist, gently holding her.

"Aww. Well, isn't that sweet?" I let go of Kaori and turned around. "Shit." I murmured. Two members from CCG were in the house and looked pretty happy to see us, if you know what I mean. "Son of bitch. Just our luck." I said.

I activated my kagune as my eye color changed to red. "We don't have time for this, Ayato! We need to get out of here!" Kaori said. "Damn it all." I said. I picked her up bridal style and flew out the window.

"Are you insane?! You could get spotted!" Kaori said as her arms were wrapped around my neck. "Would you rather go back and fight them off?" I said to her. She frowned at me, then looked behind me. "Ayato, look out!" She warned.

Too late. I felt it. Something hit my back, making me loose balance and fall into a field. Kaori tumbled out of my arms, stopping a few feet away from me.

Kaori's POV

"Kaori!" I grunted as I flipped on my back. "Hey, are you all right?" Ayato asked me. "Yeah, I'm fine." I mumbled before sitting up. "Ayato, in coming." I warned. I tossed him to the side, then rolled out of the way as doves fired at us.

"Dammit, this is just not my day." I said, standing up. I activated my kagune and ran at one of them. I had to be careful when fighting these guys. I know their weapons can hurt like a son of a bitch. I think they called it a quinque. 

I dodged their weapons the best I could as I fought them. I glanced back and saw Ayato dealing with another dove. "Eat them, Kaori." Not again. "Get out of my head, Rize." I ordered as I continued to dodge the weapon. "Eat."

"No!" I yelled. I gasped when the dove swept under my feet, making me fall on my back. I grunted and attempted to sit up, but I had to stop myself just in time before the quinque blade could touch me.

I glared up at the man standing over me as he raised his quinque blade high in the air. I gritted my teeth, waiting for that thing to come down on me. "Kaori!" Ayato punched the guy out of the way and glared down at me.

"You idiot! Don't just stand there! Get up!" Ayato said. He grunted and blood splattered on my face. My eyes widened when I saw a quinque blade piercing through Ayato's chest. The blade pulled out, allowing Ayato to fall on his knees and fall forward.

"Ayato!" I quickly caught him and let him lean his head on my shoulder. "Ayato! Stay with me!" I said as I held him. "Get out of here... idiot." Ayato grunted. "I'm not leaving you for the doves!" I replied. He cried out in pain when the quinque blade struck him again.

"Ayato!" I cried out in worry. I hit the dove with my kagune, sending him flying. "Ayato, hang on!" I said. "Kaori... Tell Touka... I'm... sorry." Ayato said. Tears started to roll down my cheeks at the thought of loosing Ayato, one of my friends.

No... I don't want to be alone again. I'm don't want to lose anyone again. "Now do you understand, Kaori?" Rize said from behind me. "If you don't do something about this, your friend will die. Is that really what you want?" She asked.

"No... I don't want that at all," I murmured. "The reason why I keep losing friends... is because of the humans." I realized. I gently placed Ayato on the ground and stood to my feet. "Humans... are the reason why we keep dying." I said, glaring at the doves.

"That's right, Kaori. Does that mean you'll finally stop holding back?" Rize asked with a smirk. I frowned as my hands clenched into tight fists. "Yes." I answered. She smirked again. "Good girl, Kaori. Go... and eat." 

I quickly ran towards the dove until I was behind him. "Die." I murmured. My kagune sliced his neck, allowing blood to spurt out. I glanced at the other dove and frowned. "All of you should die." I said before stabbing him in the stomach, with my kagune of course.

"You! Stop!" Leaf Village ninja surrounded me in a circle. "All of you need to die." I said. I screamed at the top of my lungs as I let my kagune run free, allowing it to kill all of them. "We need back up! Now!"

Naruto's POV

I still couldn't believe Kaori didn't want to participate. I was having a hard time with a couple things. 1: Because of what I saw at Kaori's place. 2: Because I didn't know a single answer to the test! I'm so screwed!

I looked towards the front of the room when I saw one of the jonin whisper something into Ibiki's ear. What are they talking about? "Hey, look! There's something going on out there!" One of the genin said as he pointed at the window.

Most of the genin stood up to see what it was. I looked over as well and saw fire, water, and dirt being flown everywhere. "Everyone, back in your seats!" Ibiki barked. What's going on? 

I saw some kind of weird tentacle momentarily, but it kind of looked familiar; like I've seen it somewhere before. That tentacle thing appeared again, and then it hit me. I saw something like that back at Kaori's house.

Kaori has that thing! It must be Kaori! "Sakura! Sasuke! We need to go!" I said and headed out the door. "Naruto! Where do you think you're going?" Sakura called. "Kaori might be in trouble!" I called back.

They quickly got up and followed behind me. I kept running until I found out where that tentacle thing was at. "No way..." Sakura said in disbelief. Kaori was definitely there, but he wasn't himself.

Kaori was some kind of... monster! No, that can't be him... Can it?