It's going to work out

It was the early hours of the morning, when Stevie stood fumbling with her keys, at the same time trying to fight off a very intoxicated Don, who quite clearly couldn't wait to get his hands on her. Finally, unlocking and pushing the door open, Stevie began giggling uncontrollably when Don nearly lost his balance and fell face first on the floor. She was quick enough to grab him.

"Don, you idiot!" She laughed. "You're going to wake Lindsey up." Taking him by the hand, she very unsteadily started climbing the stairs, tripping over the last step. "Shhhh!" She put a finger up to her lips, when he attempted to say something, but instead he closed his hand around her wrist and leaned in, nibbling on her finger. "You really are an idiot. Come!" Dragging him towards her bedroom, Stevie didn't even notice a woman leaving the bathroom and reentering Lindsey's room.

With a frown on her face, the young woman got back into bed with Lindsey, placing her head on his bare chest. Lindsey yawned, opening his eyes and looked around the room, then at the alarm clock on his nightstand. "Jesus, she's just coming back?" He asked rhetorically.

"Who is she?"

"Uh..." Putting his arm around the woman, Lindsey said. "Just my wife."

The two fell back asleep quickly, while the fun in the other room had just begun.

Later that morning, Lindsey woke up, feeling fully rested, as he grabbed his jeans from the other night and put them on, before going to the bathroom, glancing at the blonde in his bed. He wasn't sure if he even knew her name, but she was alright. Although, it was time for her to go.

Promising to call her, knowing he wouldn't, Lindsey accepted her kiss goodbye and shut the door as soon as she was out. Making his way into the kitchen, Lindsey stretched, then scratched the back of his head while going to start the coffee. He was surprised, when seemingly in just a couple of minutes he was joined by Stevie.

"Good morning." He said, pouring boiling water into a cup. "Want some coffee?"

"Yeah, please." Taking a seat at the table, Stevie put her head in her hands, sighing heavily.

"You look rough."

"I haven't slept at all." She yawned, taking the cup from Lindsey. "I can't even remember when we came back."

"Not that long ago." Laughing lightly, Lindsey took a seat in front of her. "Would you like a pill to easy your headache?"

"I didn't say I had one."

"You don't?"

"Okay, I do and it's horrible." Taking a sip of the hot drink, she closed her eyes for a moment.

"So, how was the wedding night for you?"

Stevie laughed, shrugging. "Not too bad. And you?"

"I did go out in the end, had a couple of drinks, brought a girl home. I guess, it was fine."

"Oh, where is she?"

"Gone." Laughing, Lindsey put a pill into Stevie's palm and handed her a glass of water as well. "Are we insane, Stevie?"

Taken aback by the question, Stevie asked raising an eyebrow. "What do you mean? Are we insane for being two complete strangers and getting married, because the people who make sure we stay in the spotlight thought this would be a great idea?"

"Yeah, that." Lindsey nodded, sighing. "I mean... I know it's just for a couple of months."

"Well, I'm sorry, Lindsey, but you should have thought this through better before we actually got married. And it is just for a couple of months. To answer your question, yes, we are insane for doing this. When my PR guy first came to me about this, I told him to fuck off, but then I started thinking about it. We're young, we're hot and talented. People loves us, people talk about us. This will be a trending topic for awhile." Stevie spoke so casually, it was as if they were just releasing a song together or something like that. "Let's keep this up for a few months, then we'll get divorced and if we don't want to, we don't have to ever see each other again. Besides, we don't have to stop our everyday lives. I'll still continue my relationship with Don, you can still bring a woman over, I'm not going to forbid you that." Joking, she placed her hand over his. "It's going to work out fine."

"You're right, you're absolutely right." Shaking himself mentally, Lindsey smiled. "Don't mind me, I don't know what got into me to bring this up in the first place."

"It's okay. I get it. I understand why you would need some reassurance about this. It's a new thing, you know, if you're not currently touring, then get married to someone else who's famous too."

"I appreciate your humor." Lindsey laughed, standing up to put his empty cup into the sink. "Thanks."

"Anytime." Stevie gave him a small smile. "Well, I better go back to Don. I don't want him to wake up and not find me there, I'm in no mood to answer a hundred of his questions."

"Territorial, huh?"

"You've no idea." Drinking the last of her coffee, Stevie got up and returned upstairs, leaving Lindsey by himself.

He didn't know why, but for some reason he was a little jealous... But he quickly shook the thought away, saying to himself, that he was only jealous over the fact that Stevie had someone and he didn't, as Lindsey enjoyed being in a relationship. Or more like being needed by another person.

Maybe he was going to call that girl after all.

~

This might be starting off a little slow, but I hope it won't stop you from reading.