Chapter Thirteen: Hanging out with the Badgers

Start from the beginning

The yellow and copper decorations around and the different kinds of plants that could be found there didn’t fail to cheer me up a bit. I smile formed on my lips as I muttered a thank you.

Hannah Abbott, a friendly Hufflepuff girl, touched my arm lightly “Hermione, come with me. I’m sure we’re just about the same size. I can lend you some of my clothes.”

I smiled and answered “That would be brilliant.” I turned to Cedric “I’ll be back in a few.” Then I followed Hannah to the girl’s dormitories.

The dormitory was illuminated by warm copper lamps and copper bed-warmers that hang on the wall. There were four-poster beds covered in patchwork quilts too

“Wow. It sure is cozy around here.” I said while examining a nearby lamp.

“Oh yes. I do enjoy in here.” Susan Bones said

“What about this, Hermione? Try it on!” Hannah said, showing me a light yellow blouse with black laces and a frilly, knee-length skirt.

“I think I better wash off first. Hmm..” I said. “I guess a few water charms would work”

They both took out their wands and casted the spell on me “AGUAMENTI!”

I coughed out water as I was drenched with water, leaving a puddle beneath me. “That was refreshing.” I said

Susan handed me a towel and I dried myself. They helped me dry with a few hot-air charms and when I’m completely dry, I took off my clothes and wore the ones that they laid out. It fitted perfectly on me and I twirled around saying “What do you think?

They both smiled approvingly and Hannah told me “You look beautiful! Do you like it?”

I nodded and smiled back “Of course! It’s pretty.”

“Then you can have it. I don’t use it anymore. And it matches with your pendant” She said eyeing the ring that I hanged on my neck with a light chain.

“Oh this?” I showed to her. “It was given by a..uhh… special friend.”

“oohhh….” Susan exclaimed “It looks familiar though, don’t you think Hannah?”

Hannah touched it lightly and said “Yeah.. I think I’ve seen it somewhere..”

Smiling, I said “Ah.. I guess you have.. A Hufflepuff gave it to me actually.

With wide eyes, they both shouted “Diggory!” They laughed and Susan continued “I told you it looks familiar! He showed it to me once and he said..” She stopped abruptly and shook her head “No.. He might’ve just been kidding..”

“What did he say?” I asked curiously.

“No..nothing..nothing…” She shook her head.

“I guess we should get going, then.” I said.

The three of us nodded and went to the common room. There, Cedric was waiting for us to get down. When he say me, he gave a slight smile “Uhh..Wow... You look like..a Hufflepuff”

I nodded “Yeah.. With all these blacks and yellows”

I can feel everyone’s eyes on me and the attention was weighing down on me. I cleared my throat and said “I-I should really be going. Thank you so much for showing me your wonderful room.”

I waved goodbye and Cedric accompanied me outside. “I thought you didn’t wear it.”

I was first confused but I saw him staring at the pendant. “Oh this? Why do you think so?”

“Uhmm.. nothing. Anyway, why were you looking for me?” He asked.

“I was wondering whether you’ve already figured out your clue.” I asked back cautiously

He shook his head sadly “No.. I haven’t yet.. Don’t worry, I’ll tell you if ever I have. When I opened it, it just let out a horrible screech.”

“Same as the others.” I said.

I heard him sigh a bit before putting on a smile on his face “It’s going to be okay.”

Smiling back, I answered “I do hope it will.”

~~~~~~”””~~~~~~

I walked up the Fat Lady’s portrait and her eyes widened as she saw me “You!!! Why are you wearing the Hufflepuff’s colors!!

I just shrugged and pushed my way inside. In there, Ron was talking with Lavender. They looked serious, and when I say serious, I mean they’re looking at each other, eye to eye. I can feel their finally having closure. I watched as she leaned in close and gave Ron a hug, tears streaming from her eyes. He hugged her back and when they pulled away. They smiled at each other before standing up. As they saw me, they looked at the floor shyly.

“Uhh. Hi Hermione.” Lavender sai

“Erm.. Hi Lav.” I said, a little bit awkward. “Don’t mind me, I’m heading upstairs. You can continue..ermm.. Whatever you’re doing.”

“No.. It’s okay..” Ron said. “We’re done, aren’t we Lav?”

She nodded with a slight smile “Yes. We are done. Waaaay over. Anyway, I’m heading out for a while. See you around!” Then she left.

When she’s out of ear-shot, I turned to Ron. “Okay. Fill me up about it.”

He heaved a sigh before explaining “Well, I was sitting here by the fire then she came up to me saying she wants to talk.. She said Harry approached her days ago but she hasn’t built the courage yet.”

“Then?” I asked expectantly

“She said she was very sorry for everything. She didn’t exactly expect that our relationship would end up like that.” He explained “But, she said she already moved on and that she can see I have too. So, we decided to remain friends”

“Wow.” I managed to say.

“So, now I’ve shared, you might as well too. Where have you been and why are you wearing THAT?” He asked, eyeing my clothes.

“Uhmm.. I just checked on the other champions…” I simply said. “And well, I got into some minor boo-boo and Hannah lent me this.”

“Anyway, it suits you” He said as he stifled a yawn. “I might hit the sack early. I’m tired.”

“Oh okay. G’night Ron!” I called out.

“Night Hermione. Get some rest yourself.” He smiled before ascending the stairs.

When he disappeared, I stared at my reflection on the mirror. Smiling, I thought to myself “I do look like a Hufflepuff..” I shook my head at the thought and went upstairs too.