Part 2

The Uber ride went smoothly. Matthew and I chatted about anything and everything that came into our minds. For once, the driver was normal and didn't try to murder us. But what made the drive amazing was that Matthew held my hand throughout the whole ride.

The pastry shop was in a antique looking shop in Wicker Park. While it was small, the place had a homey feel to it. There were two sets of pink tables, surrounded by two white chairs each.

Once you step into the shop you hear the faint sound of the bell on the door above you and are hit with scents of cookies, cakes, macarons, and donuts. The sounds of classical instruments are running through the air. Workers running all around to deliver each order perfectly. This was every foodie's dream, and dang do I like to eat.

Moving with fast feet, I kept my hold on Matthew's hand and dragged us up to the front where a very tall man in a pink and black polka dot apron was waiting.

"Hello, welcome to Sweet Petite Treats, are you looking to sit down or to take some to go?" Only then and there did I realize all of the foods were mini. I looked up to Matthew with a growing smile on my face. I must've looked ridiculous, because Matthew chuckled before answering the attendant's question.

"We would to sit down." Matthew said looking down at me, looking as if he wanted my approval. I nodded, understanding his request.

"Inside or outside?" The worker said, a smile plastered to his face.

"Outside would be awesome." Matthew said, exaggerating the word awesome more than usual.

"Outside it is." The man from behind the counter led us back outside and sat us at the table to the right of the door. He handed us two small pink menus. Even their menus were small!

After a short while of looking through the menu, I had finally decided what I wanted. I closed the menu and placed it at the edge of the table.

"What are you getting?" Matthew said, looking down at his menu as if he wanted a suggestion from me.

"I think I will get the luscious lemon tang bars. Have you decided what you want, yet?" Matthew looked up at me, his eyes as colored as blue irises blooming in a field.

"Uh, the slice of strawberry cake sounds good." He smiles the smile that warms my heart on every occasion.

"Why does that not surprise me?" I ask teasingly.

"What can I say? I like strawberry cake, so it'd make sense if I got it. Wouldn't it?" Matthew asked. I stifled a giggle as our waiter came outside.

"Good afternoon, my name is Noah and I will be your server. Have you decided what you will order yet?"

"I will have the slice of strawberry cake and she will have the lemon bars." Matthew said before I could open my mouth to reply. Noah sloppily wrote in his note pad, nodding every few seconds.

"Is that all?" Noah asks, looking up from his note pad with his hazel eyes that sparkled with mirth to match the whole-heartedness of his smile.

"Yes, thank you." I said before Matthew could cut me off. Matthew's eyes glanced over at me, obviously realizing what I just did. His brain finally clicked as something else washed over his face. He suppressed a laugh with his hand, but when Noah finally walked back inside, something inside he broke. Matthew giggled beyond content. I looked at him with a confused expression, which only made him chortle harder.

After sometime, Matthew finally caught his breath and calmed down. He opened his mouth as if to explain something, but the howl of the wind cut him off. An obvious quake ran through my body at the sudden bitterness in the air.

"Here, have my jacket." Matthew says, passing his jacket over the table to me. As I put on the jacket, I was hit with the sweet aroma of his cologne and the warmth of his body heat on the jacket. The weight of his eyes on me causes me to blush and look down towards the concrete. Matthew chuckles lightly, making me look up at him embarrassed of how I must look.

"I love the way you look in my clothes." Matthew says, while stepping on my foot. I know it must've been an accident, but I couldn't resist the urge to step on his foot back. He smiled slightly before tapping my foot again. I returned the favor with a light tap of his toes, grinning so much my mouth hurts. While playing footsie, we didn't notice how dark the sky had gotten.

"Huh, I checked the weather earlier and it was supposed to be clear." I said looking up at the sky in confusion.

"Maybe it's just overcast." Matthew said. I hope so, because we were sitting outside and I had nothing to protect me from the rain.

"I don't know, it's getting kinda dark." I said, slightly worried as the clouds darken with every second that goes by.

"We'll be fine." He said, smiling to reassure me of his words.