The Unexpected

Hello decent people if you're reading! This is my experience of my decent missions trip with you all...just some of my perspectives and thoughts.

Why her? Why him? This is so unfair! How could this happen to them? These were the thoughts racing through my head as I tried to fall asleep with an aching heart. It was only the first night of ministering and everyone and everything I encountered seem more than enough. Her broken story, his hardened heart, her belief, his addiction felt like a strong wave crashing into me. Silent tears fell as I thought of the desperate need of God's love to pierce through their lives and the area around them. Love her. Love him. Love.
Such a simple word but the depth of the word is what makes it meaningful. A word to describe a romantic relationship. A word to describe how much someone likes their hobby. A word to describe how much someone likes their favorite ______. But shouldn't love mean more than that? Love is patient when I feel like screaming on top of my lungs for waiting for weeks for an answer. Love is kind when I hold an angry fist. Love is not envious when my friend gets the perfect A. Love is willing to die for someone. Now I'm asking myself, do I love them?