Chapter 43 " DJ and Sky "

Start from the beginning

Mom: How are you Kath?

Dad: Is everything alright?

" Everything's fine mom, dad. He's already upstairs. Kuya Kevin told him where he can find us. "

Mom: I'm sure your Kuya just wants what's the best for you and Sky and I think it's about time Kath that he knows the truth. Would you like us to stay?

" No it's fine mom. Actually we already talk awhile ago.  "

Dad: Alright, we will leave for now and let the three of you talk. But I am not done with him yet. I want to see him some other time ok?.

" Yes dad. Thank you. "

When they left I called Sky and ushered her to come with me upstairs.

" Sweetie.. Ahhhm.. There's someone here who wants to see you? "

Sky: Who?

" He's in the living room sweetie "

She just looks at me as she headed to the direction of the living room and I was just following behind her.

She stopped from a far when she noticed the other person sitting on our sofa.

Sky: You?

DJ was somewhat lost in deep thoughts with his head bent, and when he heard Sky, his eyes snapped up looking at her.

I saw how DJ's face  changed from confusion to surprised as realization sinked in. He stands and approached Sky. He slowly walks while his gaze never left her. When he stopped in front of her, he knelt down and took her hand. He was carefully touching her as if she's breakable. He lift his hands to touch her face and her hair, when all of a sudden he was laughing uncontrollably. While Sky is just looking at him. He suddenly crushed her on an embrace then he broke down. 

The father is shamelessly crying in front of her daughter.

DJ: I didn't know... It was you.. That's why you look familiar.. I felt that I am connected to you... Oh my God I am so sorry....

Sky was still somewhat oblivious into what is happening as she still stood motionless.

Sky: I remember you. You are the sad guy from the restaurant.

DJ: Yes that's me darling.

Sky: Why are you here? Did you just ride the airplane going here just to see me? And why are you saying your sorry?

DJ looks at me. I know he wanted me to tell the news to Sky.

I took a deep breath and told her.

" Sky.. Sweetie.. I want you to meet Daniel John Ford. He... He.. He is your father. He is your daddy. "

Sky: Daddy? You are my dad?

DJ: Yes I am your daddy and you are my daughter Sky.

Sky suddenly jumped on DJ and hug him mumbling words which I haven't heard from her before. As she cried on DJ's arms.