● CHAPTER ONE ●

Start from the beginning

Kyle shot him a glare and then took a deep breath, going back to his work until it was our turn to be checked out. "You're going to make me lose my job," he told Cartman as he scanned the first bag twice. "Do you need a bag?"

"It's not my fault you flirt with all your customers," he shrugged.

"Do you need a bag?" Kyle repeated, gritting his teeth. He glanced behind us, which happened to be a woman and her child. So he smiled politely over at her and she returned it, but when he looked back at us he looked pissed off again. "Bag or no bag?"

"Nah, I don't need no stupid bag," Cartman grinned, taking out his money and handing it over to Kyle. "By the way," he said once Kyle had taken his ten dollar bill and opened the register. "Isn't it kind of ironic that a bar code is working at such a young age? Come on, all you jews are rich! Give the job to someone like poor ol' Kenny over here."

"That's really fucked up right there," I told him.

"You know what - fuck you fatass!" The amount that Kyle was supposed to have given back had been a mere dollar and sixty-five cents, but just to prove how completely pissed off he was, Kyle took out four quarters, six dimes and a nickel. "Take your change and stop holding up the line." He slammed the cash register shut and held out his hand for Cartman to take the money.

"Dude!" was all I found myself saying at this point, as he was scaring the kid behind us and the mother was not at all happy about it. "Calm down, Kyle."

"No! He always says that I'm gay for you, and makes fun of me and stereotypes me - he's a goddamn asshole and deserves to get yelled at!" he told me, but then his face turned white and he looked nervous.

"Careful or I'll call your manager down here!" Cartman threatened with a smug look.

"She's already here," came a voice from behind us. All three of us turned around to face her and she smiled. "Sorry about all of this, he's a little new. Keep going," she told us, then looked to the people behind us. "There's a line opening up over there, you can go into that one. I'm so sorry about all of this," she apologized and they all left.

"No, don't get mad at him," I tried to stop her from firing him or something like that, but she wasn't really listening to me. All she did was tell me that it had nothing to do with me and that if I was done shopping then I should just 'run along' or whatever.

Feeling guilty, I gave Kyle a sympathetic look and left the store with the other guys. When we were outside, I immediately turned to face Cartman. "Why'd you do that, dude? Kyle could seriously lose his job because of this!"

"He's the one who yelled at me!" he countered, ripping open his bag and shoving a handful of cheesy poofs into his mouth. "How the hell is that in any way my fault?!"

"I mean, you were provoking him," Kenny stated.

Swallowing a bunch of food, Cartman cleared his throat. "I was trying to help you out, Kenny! You coulda gotten a job there," he nodded to himself.

"Gee, thanks." was Kenny's sarcastic response.

"You're welcome!"

"I swear you are so stupid Cartman," I told him, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration. "Now that we've technically been kicked out, what are we supposed to do until he gets off work?"

"We could go to the bookstore," suggested Kenny.

"The bookstore! Why the fuck do you want to go there?" Cartman asked in disgust.

Kenny furrowed his eyebrows like Cartman was stupid. "They sell playboy magazines in the very back and they recently ordered a new shipment of them, so they're probably there by now."