Forever

Jasper peeked his head out into the hallway, double-checking that he was the only awake one in the McCarty household. He was greeted with silence, darkness, and the usual eeriness accompanied with the old, Victorian house.

Silently he creaked his door shut, taking great pains to making sure the lock clicked silently. After listening at the door for a moment, he sighed, and pulling on his faded jeans and striped t-shirt, stepped forward to the open window. It was a good thing that his room was on the ground floor; he snuck out several times a week.

Jasper darted across the front lawn, wincing at the thumping noise his old sneakers made once they reached the pavement. If any of his neighbours reported him to his parents...he would be in big time trouble.

Jasper rounded the corner into the dark alleyway. Like always, Karl was waiting for him.

Karl's golden blond hair shone like gold in the moonlight, his dark eyes sparkled with mischief and yet seemed deeply sorrowed at the same time. His ivory skin was without blemish and his fangs peeked out slightly over his bottom lip; between them a silver lip ring glinted.

When Karl and Jasper had first met, it had been love at first sight. No other boy at the party had been able to compare with Karl's seductive and brooding demeanor, his broad shoulders and toned chest. The one hundred and seventy year age difference made no difference to Jasper; after all, love knew no bounds.

"Love." Karl called Jasper over, a smile creeping over his angelic face. "Come here."

Jasper ran into his arms, passionately kissing his soft, cold lips, savoring the taste of his tongue and the feel of his fangs. Karl ran his fingers through Jasper's spiked black hair, and he groaned with happiness. "Why is your hair always so soft?"

"Conditioner." Jasper murmured into Karl's neck, grinning when he chuckled. "Honestly, Karl, you have no idea how much I miss you during the day. If only you could walk in the sunlight, I would give anything, anything-"

"Hush." He put a finger to Jasper's lips. "Wishing won't do any good. Let us enjoy this time we have together now, and when we part, we will anticipate our next meeting." His soft voice echoed in the alleyway, along with another sound....

Footsteps.

"Karl." Jasper whispered, panicked. "Someone else is here. Foot-"

"Sh. I know." Karl tightened his hold for a moment before letting him go. "Get behind me. I know who it is."

"Hello Karl. And Jasper, of course."

Jasper shuddered at the guttural, unpleasant voice of the other vampire, Xander. Being Karl's ex boyfriend, he was always out for revenge against Jasper for stealing Karl from him. His blood red hair shone like a bad omen, and his crimson eyes gave his cruel, malevolent character away immediately.

"Xander." Karl replied, his voice icy cold. "I suppose you have come today for the same reason as always. You want to destroy us."

"Oh, Karl. You're always the smartest. The best. The first place winner." Xander strode closer, his hands deep in his pockets. "And what am I? Outcast." He spat, his eyes narrowing. "The odd one out. And all because of you."

Karl shook his head, pressing Jasper into the brick wall. "Your choices are your own. You can't blame me for all of the innocent lives you have taken."

"Oh, but I can." Xander crouched, his fangs extending. "After all, my choices are my own."

Jasper closed his eyes as Xander sprang forward, attacking Karl. He squeezed them shut, the sounds of the fight almost too much for him to bear. Yelping, growling, gurgling, and snapping. The usual. Except every single time, it got worse and worse and worse, and he feared that someday he would open his eyes and Karl would be gone.

Finally, things quieted down, and Jasper opened his eyes to see Karl looking over at him, tired yet victorious.

"He's gone?" Jasper whimpered.

"Gone. For now."

Sighing with relief, he strode to Karl, embracing him tightly and showering him with kisses. "You save my life so often, Karl."

"It's because I love you." Karl stared into his eyes, holding his face in both hands. "Jasper Angelo McCarthy, I love you. And I will fight for you, and protect you forever."

"I love you too." Jasper whispered, his voice hoarse. "I love you, I love you, I love you. Forever."

Karl's gaze intensified, and he was silent. Jasper feared that he wouldn't answer, but then he was taken by surprise.

Down on one knee, Karl took both of his hands between his own. "I know you're only seventeen, but I love you. So I was wondering...someday, sometime, somewhere, will you marry me?"

Jasper answered without hesitation. "Yes!"

Karl took Jasper by the waist and swung him up in the air. After twirling around a few times, he put him back on the ground, and grinned. "Go back to your parents' house. You wouldn't want to get grounded."

Jasper smiled shyly and nodded. He glanced back over his shoulder as he left, but Karl was gone. It seemed that he would have to wait yet another day before seeing him again....But he was willing to wait if it meant that someday, they could rule the night together.

Forever.

Forever (boyxboy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें