I noticed Ron was whispering to Seamus and took my chance to embarrass him. "Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. 

Now Ms Rosewood is here to help with our dancing

Now Ms Rosewood is here to help with our dancing. Is there anything you wish to say Ms. Rosewood?" She asked.

I nodded. "As Professor McGonagall just explained, yes, we will be having a dance. I will be working with those who need a little bit more... encouragement, but mostly I will be helping Harry because he has the first dance, the Champions Waltz. Now, Ronald." I turned to Ron whose eyes widened in fear. "Why don't you and Professor McGonagall dance first to give us an example? I'm sure when you were talking to Seamus you were boasting about your dancing skills."

The boys in the room laughed and the girls giggled as I pulled Ron's sweater and brought him over to McGonagall.

"Now, place your right hand on her waist," I instructed.

"Where?" Ron asked not believing what he had heard.

"My waist," McGonagall repeated for me.  He did so and a wolf whistle came from the boy's side. "Now bend your arm. Mr Filch if you please..."

The music began and they started to dance.

"One two three. One two three. One two three." McGonagall counted to the music.

I walked over to the twins who were swaying along to the music

"Make sure you never let him forget this for me."

"Never" They replied in unison. I laughed.

"Everybody come together!" I instructed. The girls instantly stood up and walked forward, but the boys were all still seated.

"Boys, on your feet! Come on! Chop! Chop!" Neville is the only boy to stand.

"Thank you, Neville!" I yelled grabbing Harry's shirt to pull him up. Harry put his hand on my waist and I put my hand on his shoulder. As I instructed him he stepped on my feet a lot. This is going to be a long night.

Later that day I went to teach the Hufflepuffs. More exactly, Cedric. I stood in a shadowy corner of the room and watched from afar.

"I have some very exciting news!" Sprout exclaimed to her excited house children. "As we all know, the Triwizard Tournament is currently in session and almost every event has a tradition. This tradition is called, The Yule Ball!"

Everyone began to talk about this mystery "Yule Ball"

"What exactly is a Yule Ball?" asked Hannah Abbott.

"Well, dearie, the Yule Ball is a dance."

The girls began to chatter at once and the boys began to groan as though on cue.

"Now come on everyone. On Christmas night we and our guests will gather in the Great Hall. The Champions and their partners will dance first in the Champions Waltz. Which is also why " Sprout turned to where I was hiding in my corner. "Ms Rosewood was assigned to teach Cedric and the other Champions separately. Come out of your gloomy little corner dearie." She waved a hand to bid me out of the corner. I lifted my head and added a small smile to my lips before walking out, showing my face. People began to murmur and whisper.

"Now where is our champion? Ah, there you are Mr Diggory." Cedric stood up and made his way to us. "Now would you two like to give an example of the dance?"

I blinked. I turned back to Cedric and we both placed our hands on to each other very awkwardly. I felt that rush of electricity I always felt. I lead the way as Sprout started the music. One two three, one two three. I dared not to look in his eyes nor compliment his dancing skills. Sprout partnered everyone up.

As we danced to the music I recognised the part where I needed to jump.

"Alright," I said forcing myself to look in his face. "You need to grab my waist and lift me for a beat when I say go."

Cedric nodded and waited. We danced a little longer until I heard the music come to the point.

"And... go!"

Cedric's other hand flew to my waist and my hands went to his shoulders. He lifted me up with ease and twirled us around a little before gracefully placing me back down.

"Wonderful Mr. Diggory and Ms. Rosewood! If you two were to pair up for the ball you would be the best pair of the night!" Sprout complimented us. I smiled at her as Cedric twirled me under his arm. We could be the best pair of the night, but we aren't and probably won't be... he likes Cho...

. . .

That night when I made it back to the dormitories, after practising with Viktor and Fleur, I fell onto the bed and started sobbing. Astoria was probably with her friends and I was alone. 

It was dark. The only source of light was a nearby candle. Another day where I'm crying my eyes out. Another night full of sadness. One question remains in my head:

Why is love so complicated? 

Was my last thought as fell into a dreamless sleep.