Chapter 6 ~ The Hearing

Começar do início

"When is it?" I asked.

"In five minutes," he replied as the elevator started moving.

We stood there for what seemed like forever. Harry saw how tense I was and grabbed my hand, squeezing it. I couldn't tell if his palms were sweaty, too, but we were both nervous about this hearing either way. There was no way we were getting expelled from our only home.

We finally got to our floor and the three of us got out. We spotted Lucius and Fudge talking. When they noticed that we were there, they gave us glares. Before we went inside, Mr. Weasley talked to us.

"Alright, you two. Just be calm when you go in there. I'm not allowed in, I'm afraid. But as the Muggles say, 'truth will out!'"

"Brilliant," we said.

We headed inside, ready for the interrogation of a lifetime.

There were two chairs already in the center of the room. We sat down in the chairs and waited for Fudge to speak.

"I'm nervous, Harry," I whispered.

"Me, too," he whispered back.

Suddenly, the idiot himself spoke. "Disciplinary hearing of the 12th of August into offenses committed by Harry James Potter and Maxine Lillian Potter, resident at Number Four Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey."

Oh, yeah. Fudge didn't know about me living with Lucius as well, all thanks to Dumbledore. I intended to keep it that way.

"Interrogators: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister for Mag--"

"Witness for the defense! Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore." The man himself walked right in with confidence.

"You got our message that the time and place of the hearing had been changed, did you?"

"I must have missed it. However, I arrived at the Ministry of Magic three hours early." Fudge looked at him suspiciously. "The charges?"

"The charges against the accused are as follows: Harry James Potter and Maxine Lillian Potter produced a Patronus Charm in the presence of a Muggle. Do you deny this?"

"No, but--"

"And you were aware that you two were forbidden to use magic outside school while under the age of seventeen?"

"Yes, we were, but--"

"Witches and wizards of the Wizengamot--"

"We only did it because of the Dementors!" I blurted out. Everyone started murmuring. "Shit," I whispered.

"It's okay. You did the right thing," Harry told me.

"Dementors? In Little Whinging?" a lady asked.

"That's quite clever," Fudge commented. "Muggles can't see Dementors, can they, girl? Highly convenient."

"It's true. There were three of them--"

"Enough," he interrupted me. "Since you can produce no witnesses of the event--"

"Pardon me, Minister, but as it happens, we can," Dumbledore informed him.

That was when Mrs. Figg came in. We sat in different seats, watching Mrs. Figg.

"Please describe the attack," Amelia Bones demanded. "What did they look like?"

"I'm not sure if she's going to let us off the hook," I whispered to Harry.

"But Dumbledore will," he informed me.

"But what if he doesn't?"

"He will."

"You don't know that."

"And you do?"

"Well, I'm not sure what to think anymore."

Harry ignored me and now Dumbledore was talking. He was saying about how magic was used in life-threatening situations like us with the Dementors.

"Those in favor of conviction?" A quarter of the room raised their hands, including Fudge. I never really liked him. "Those in favor of clearing the accused of all charges?" The rest of the room raised their hands.

Fudge looked around the room and reluctantly spoke up. "Cleared of all charges."

Yes! We weren't expelled! We were going back home! Harry tried to call Dumbledore, but he left already.

Harry then looked at me with a smirk on his face. "Told you."

"Shut up," I hit his arm playfully.

He laughed at me and we left the room, feeling relieved.

A/N: Hi!

So it's been a few days since I last uploaded. Sorry. Lol so I have another 3 day weekend after Friday, but I probably won't be able to upload on Saturday and maybe Sunday because my mom is dragging me out of town with her and my dad won't be here. Plus I have to catch up on Catching Fire because it comes out in theaters this month!

So yeah and maybe I'll be able to post a one-shot or something Monday. But this story won't be updated until next week maybe. But I do have an early release this Thursday so hopefully I'll have some time to write then as well.

But for now, comment, vote. Love you guys! ;D

-A