-Mystic Falls; 2013-

Morning glow died away to leave several rays of sunshine falling upon the small town of Mystic Falls. Clouds hovered across a royal blue sky which grew darker until shades of dark blue dominated. It was particularly gloomy as if clouds and wind had stolen the sun and his fragile light to hide him away. Fallen leaves rushed through the streets and alleys in a rustling manner and danced along with the wind's whines. Several rain drops hit cars and street lights, and filled the freezing air with a regular drumming pa,ce. It seemed that the clouds were tired of holding what they hid and broke up, poured splashing water down at the dusty town.

Rain drops ran down the dusty windows of the boarding house and left small streams of clean glass on their way down. Noon had settled in so early today, it seemed as if the world was too tired to carry out the complete day and tried to shorten it by cutting out the rather bright middle. Damon Salvatore woke early this day, got up and instantly felt like the weather within its entire gloom had managed to crawl inside of him and full him up from inside.

Sitting down by the open fire place, he kicked his feet up and leaned back in his seat. Rain had casted a cloud over his mood ever since he was a little boy because he believed that rain only happened when the sky was unhappy. Since then the noise of pouring rain outside was able to roar inside of his very mind, bounce from temple to temple and fill his head up with the most wicked thoughts. He narrowed a pair of cobalt orbs at the widow nearby, followed individual rain drops and allowed his thoughts to drift off; allowed the light blue of scattered drops to melt with the colour of his own eyes, sparkling softly as sunshine hit them, and let loose of mind and matters. The moment dawn broke he had felt uneasiness and discontentment strike upon his well-being and since an uninterpretable feeling of fear caught inside his chest to lace up his windpipe, he hovered between panic and disbelief. Restless hands wandered along the arms rests of the leather armchair and clinched to the very ends for dear life, as if he feared to slip and got soaked up by the leathery fabric.

Elena Gilbert entered the protruding furnished fire place room in a rather timid fashion, slender fingers curled around a golden doorknob as closed the door behind her.

"Damon?"

Chocolate brown eyes flitted across the room in search of her boyfriend's tall silhouette. She spotted him, sunk into the armchair, lost in his thoughts, his gem like orbs glaring off to space in an almost apathetic manner.

She failed in motionlessness, stood still for the blink of an eye before the delicate features of her own creased with worry and consternation.

"Damon, are you alright?"

Words barrelled from rosy tinted petals as sorrow and concern found expression in her voice. Damon nodded, his features remaining still when he got up in one fluid movement.

He was tall and muscular, handsome features arched in a rigid fashion to let icy orbs glisten piercingly, interplaying with the gloomy daylight that managed to sneak through heavy curtains they seemed to belong to a raven rather than a human being. He took a few steps towards his girlfriend, rose his hands and pressed both flat palms to his temples, a low sigh of tiredness eliciting from finely chiselled lips.

"I haven't slept, last night!"

He stated, eyebrows arched in a buzzing kind of pain that hummed in the back of his head. She didn't jump into it, laced slender arms around his firm frame and settled her head onto his chest.

"Are you alight?"

Closing her eyes, she pressed flushed cheeks into the soft fabric of his white shirt and intertwined her fingers on his back. He dropped his arms from his head to her waist, embracing her tightly.