I didn’t know whether I should keep my identity a secret or not but saw no problem if I told the young lad. ‘My names Astrix. I’m the daughter of chandelle, the old she wolf of the pack’

He stared at me wide eyed before standing up and running off. I wondered what I had said that could of offended him so. I didn’t have long to wonder before he came running back with an old woman in tow. ‘Slow down toby, my frail legs don’t go this fast’ she said in an amused whisper.

When she saw where he was towing her the smile on her face vanished and a curious look appeared. ‘Who are you dear?’ she asked kindly.

Before I could answer Toby rushed ahead and said ‘she’s the old she wolfs daughter gran! Her names Astrix. She’s the one who fixed my leg’ he seemed so excited about this but I couldn’t understand why.

‘Astrix? Chandelles Astrix?’ she asked so quietly that I almost couldn’t hear her. I nodded my head and she fell to her knees and hugged me. I saw the tears in her eyes and could hear she was close to crying when she said ‘I knew your mother. I helped her give birth to you. She was a very sweet woman. Oh I thought you had died when they killed her’ she said in a quick rush that I could barely hear. But I did hear and the words brought tears to my eyes.

‘Oh child I’m so sorry for breaking down on you like that. You must have your own stress to deal with right now; you don’t need to deal with an old blubbering woman.’ She said after a moment of hugging me.

‘Trust me I don’t mind.’ I looked around the village and saw people hugging each other, others had fallen asleep from exhaustion, little kids sat there on their parent’s laps looking into the distance probably seeing a better place than where they were. A man sat on a log outside of a hut flickering his eyes towards us every couple of minutes. I pointed this out to the woman who had been hugging me.

‘He's Logan. He used to be one of your mothers best friends. I guess he is seeing the similarities that you both possess. You are both beautiful, and kind. Toby told me how you fixed his leg. I wouldn’t have believed him if I hadn’t of seen the blood staining his trousers. You helped him even though you didn’t know him and saw nobody else helping him. Chandelle was like that. She was a very kind she wolf. Much better than Claudia’ she shuddered as she said her name. I was about to ask about her when the gates to the house opened and everyone went silent again.

Out walked a talk red head. I heard toby’s gran mutter something that sounded like ‘speak of the devil’. The red head was a mess, you could tell that from far away. She had fake tan so thick that it had to be applied on using paint brushes. It made her face look orange and looked atrocious with her dyed red hair. She was wearing a white coat with a fur collar, shoes way too high to be worn when walking on dirt and trousers so tight they looked like they had been painted on.

As she walked past people they bent down and bowed to her. I was afraid to ask what would happen to those people of they didn’t bow down. She did not give of the aura of a powerful wolf, but she did give off the feeling that if she didn’t like something she would go tattle to the alpha, and he would do something about it.

She stopped a few meters in front of me and spoke in a voice that sounded like nails being scraped down a chalk board. ‘So your chandelles b***h. Ha you’re an ugly scrawny little thing. Not even worth my time. ‘I had to bite my tongue to hold in the retort.

I just smiled at her.

She was shocked at first, and then she smiled. Probably thought that I was smiling because of her looks. She leant down so that she was eye level with me and said ‘I don’t even know why I am bothering with you. You are worth less than the ground you are sitting on.

I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I don’t mean to let it out but it just slipped out. ‘Yeah? Well I am worth a heck of a lot more than you and the tangerine that you walked into’

A gasp rang out around the village none were louder though that the woman leaning down in front of me. Her body started to shake and her eyes started to change from a muddy brown into wolf amber. Suddenly her hand struck out across my cheek. Her false nails cutting into my skin. I knew she had drawn blood. The sight of my blood calmed her slightly. She reached forward and grabbed my shoulder digging her nails in. She then lent down and spoke to me in a clear yet squeaky voice.

‘You are nothing. Less than nothing. Your time is ticking down and will be out soon. You are going to die b***h and I will be so glad of it. So I would shut it if I were you, unless you’re asking for a sooner death. And I would be so happy to oblige but either way it is going to be so painful’

She then released me, stood up and walked away back to the house. As the gate closed all heads turned towards me. Looks of astonishment crossed nearly all of their faces as well as a few of gratitude. They were pleased I had stood up to her. Huh, guess I’m not the only one who hates her.

I looked around at all the people who were being tortured and oppressed by their so called alpha and his b***h. This was monstrous. Dalton may think I am a monster but this is a true monster.

Dalton.

His name made tears come to my eyes. He thinks I’m a monster.

Yet even though he hates me I still love him. Oh Dalton, I wish you were here.

Warmth flooded my chest again as before but it felt different this time. More distant. I didn’t pay attention to it though. I simply thought of Dalton and of how much I missed him.

I don’t know how long I thought of only him and how I wished he could find me but the bell went off again and people began to work in silence. I paid them no attention.

I began to feel so tired. I guess being beaten and insulted does that to someone I thought. Even though I felt like giving up though I didn’t, I fought until the last moment. Until unconsciousness consumed me.