Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Like you did," I argued.

"I thought you weren't going to get mad."

"I'm not mad."

He looked at me before rolling his neck and eyes and mocking me, "Like you did."

I cracked up and pushed him away from him, "You make me sick but that didn't stop you from talking to me did it?"

"It didn't," he shook his head leaning in closer to me, "You just needed a real nigga to come into your life and upgrade you."

"And you just needed a real women to come into your life period and you lucked up cause you ended up with the realist," I flipped my hair and got up from the bed leaving him to admire the view of me in my boy shorts as I strutted to the bathroom.

-

We had three days left before August pretty much sent us away and today I decided since I didn't know when I would be coming back in town that I needed to spent as much time with my friends as possible. Today me, Danielle and Kaliyah were taking a trip to the mall to get some things for the trip. I really didn't need anything but you never knew what you might see.

We had just left Forever 21 when Ms. Sheila called me. I answered and we said hello and after telling her I was at the mall doing some shopping she got down to the real reason why she called me.

"August tells me that you've been giving him a hard time you could say."

"Did he," I asked shaking my head at his snitching ass.

I didn't want to leave so I had been doing everything I could to make him change his mind. Last night after Kaliyah went to bed lets just say I tried to persuade him in another way. I had him speaking in tongues and I thought I got my way but I only ended up sore in the end and possibly pregnant.

"Yes. I know your worried about him."

"I only want to help," I told her.

"I understand but if you really want to help you'd do what he says. He can't focus on what he needs to do if he's stressed out and worried about us and our safety."

She was right, of course she was right but I still didn't want to leave him because deep down I was terrified that when we said our goodbye that it would really be goodbye and I would never see him again. I didn't tell him about my fears because I thought that I could talk him into letting me stay but he wasn't budging.

"Your right."

"I know I am. I know you love him and I know your worried about him but you two should be enjoying these last few days together. Working on grand baby number two."

"Oh gosh," I shook my head because I knew that he would tell his mom about our false alarm. If anyone was more excited for me other than August to be pregnant it was her.

"Yes oh gosh and hopefully the next time won't be a false alarm."

I couldn't do anything but agree because I don't know what it was but the thought of another baby had me giddy. I was just ready for all of this to drama to be over so we could all be happy.

After getting off the phone with his mom me and the girls did a bit more shopping until August called. I walked out of the store and stood out in front and answered.

"I don't appreciate you sticking your mom on me."

He laughed, "And I don't appreciate that you just can't listen. I need you to be on board with what needs to be done."