Chapter 34- The House in The Woods

Start from the beginning

I could tell Shea was stilled pissed off and knew very well that my story was false, but he just stomped off towards the kitchen as I dragged myself upstairs. I shuffled down the hall to my bedroom, and if I had any energy left in me, I would have screamed. 

"Don't scream." Scott warned me. He was siting on my bed, still in his suit from the dance, his eyes and hands shifted into his werewolf form. There was a bead of sweating falling down his forehead, so I could tell that he had just sprinted here. "We have a problem." he sighed. I looked both ways down the hall before closing the door behind me and walking over to him. 

"What's up?" I asked as I threw my heels into my closet forcefully. Chase had, thankfully, thought to grab the purse I had brought with me, so I set my phone up to charge on my nightstand. 

"The Argents came after me at the school. Allison saw me shift." he said defeatedly. "And they took Stiles." 

"I know." I said angrily. I felt tears prick my eyes, but I held them back. I was not going to be some weak and weeping little girl just because he was gone. I had protected him for the time being, and I would find him, whatever it took. "We need to find Derek." I told Scott, walking back over to my closet and pulling out some dark jeans and black shirt. If there was one true thing to all of those cheesy spy movies, it was wearing black. It would conceal me somewhat for the mission I was about to make. 

"I know, but do you really think he can help us? And where would we even start looking?" He asked. 

"Yes and I have an idea, but first, let me take a shower." I said. I figured that the water would help me regain my strength, since it came from a well and would probably work like the stream had that day. "Meet me back here in 10 and we'll go from there." I told him, and he nodded before slipping out my window. 

I was right about the shower. I stood under the warm water and I could feel my muscels relaxing and healing as well as energy flowing into me. By the time I got out, I didn't feel exhausted anymore. I felt...

Strong. 

I checked the clock and realized that I still had a few minutes unti Scott ame back. I slipped on my jeans and shirt, along with my black boots and leather jacket. They were not only the sturdiest clothes I owned, but they also made me feel kick ass. Plus, I notice that it was the werewolf staple to wear a leather jacket, and I just wanted to fit in, you know? 

I slid my phone into my pocket and pulled my hair into a ponytail as I went downstairs. I went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple. I was really hungry, and I was pretty sure this would give me even more energy. I bit into it without really looking around, but I was stopped when I hear Shea's voice. 

"I don't know what's going on." he said defeatedly. I looked over to see him sitting at one of the bar stools at the island with his head hung low. He stared at his hands as if they could explain what was going on, but we both knew they couldn't. "I won't even pretend to know. I told you that before. I can't even express to you how utterly stupid I feel all of the time." he lifted his head, but instead of looking at me, he looked out one of the windows in the other room. "Maybe you think you're protecting me, or mom, or Tyler... I don't know. But it's my job to protect you." he continued, finally looking at me. "You're going somewhere tonight, somewhere dangerous and don't even try to deny it. I can tell by what you're wearing and what you're doing. You're leaving again, but now I'm really scred that you won't come back." he said with a crack in his voice, and I could see how afraid he was in his eyes. I felt my throat constrict and my eyes started to water. I never wanted to do this to him. 

"Shea, I-" I tried to say, but he cut me off. 

"No, don't even try to give me some excuse. I know you're lying." he said angrily,  but then his face softened and he walked over to me. He wrapped me in a hug, and I felt myself relax against him. There was so much I wish I could say, but I couldn't. At least, not now. "May, please don't leave. Just please.... don't go." he choked out.