Chapter 5 - Vacation Fun! (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

I looked behind me to see we were already in the air, now flying at a steady pace. I turned to Cole as I saw him chuckle and shake his head a bit, he did that for me?

"Hey, did you distract me just so I wouldn't be scared?" he just smiled and looked at his phone shrugging his shoulders. "Thanks" I said quietly.

I listened to music and slowly drifted off into a peaceful slumber as I was lulled by the music.

I woke up to the sound of the PA, 'We are now landing' it was only then that I noticed I had fallen asleep on Cole's arm. He smiled warmly at me and I quickly pulled away embarrassed arranging my things and clearing my throat.

We loaded our luggage and got in the the taxis going to the resort, I couldn't help but look out the car window watching the scenery pass by. All the people walking, the parents holding their children's hands and the clear blue skies.

We reached the beach resort and I was astonished, it was amazing you could here the sound of people yelling , at the beach owned by the resort. The bell hops took the luggage to our rooms and we waited while the organizers got our room keys. I kept stealing glances at Cole while we were in the elevator. I couldn't stop, it was as if my eyes were drawn to him no matter how hard I tried not to.

I breathed a sigh of relief as we all got out of the elevator and into our suites, I flopped onto my bed and inhaled the smell of freshly lemon scented wash. I placed my clothes into the dresser and sat down with my book reading. It was so relaxing, for about 20 minutes until... "ELLIE LET'S GO TO THE BEACH! EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY DOWN!" Yelled a particularly annoying voice from the other side of the door.

I couldn't say no to Payton or she'd just start whining. I sighed and put on my swim suit. No no don't get all excited its not a sexy two piece but a two piece that comes with an overtop. I put on my sunglasses, grabbed my bag then headed out and met everyone in the lobby. I had yet to see Cole, I payed down on my beach towel and read my book from where I had previously left off.

I heard giggling and laughing and peered over the top of my book to see Payton surrounded by beach bums, obviously she attracted them with her tan beach body. My attention was drawn away when I looked to the right to see Adonis himself wearing navy blue swim trunks hanging dangerously low on Cole's hips exposing his v-line, earning him more than a few appreciative stares from females scattered along the boardwalk and beach side.

It seems not only my attention was drawn as I saw Payton approach him swinging her hips and puffing out her chest. I gripped my book tighter.

Couldn't I just have one thing without my sister swooping in like a vulture??

Cole's POV

I walked on to the beach, I knew about the appreciative glances but I only had eyes for one. I could see Ellie staring mouth agape so I ran my fingers through my unruly black hair.
"Hey handsome" said the trashy blonde from the night at the club and the charity gala.

"Hey" I replied trying my best to be polite while showing her lack of interest, but this only seemed to motivate her as she grabbed my hand and pulled it flush against her body.

I yanked my hand back and walked towards Ellie noticing her standing on the shore looking at the water trapped between her feet.

Ellie's POV

I walked towards the water trying my best to ignore Payton and Cole; I had never learned to swim but there's just something special about the beaches. The warm sun beating down on your skin, the sound of laughter and talking drowned out in to low murmurs by the waves crashing against the rocks. That warm feeling of the sand engulfing your feet and softly submerging your toes a few at a time.

I looked down at my feet and noticed a piece of blue beach glass, I gasped and bent down to grab it I always collected beach glass as a kid I've always loved to because-

I was knocked out of my train of thought when Payton came behind me and pushed me into the water yelling out words which were incoherent to me, it was very shallow until the current seemed so strong it was pulling me further and further away from shore. One second I was gasping above water the next my eyes burned from the substance blurring my vision and my lungs filled with fluid. I was floating up and down without control, I tried to stay calm but I couldn't stop crying, but then a pair of arms held me and pulled me up cuddling my body and swimming back to shore I was shivering and crying so hard at the same time I was too disoriented to tell anything apart. All I knew was the arms which held me were so warm and safe, I recognize them with this feel so familiar...Cole.

Cole's POV

I sat down a chair and watched as Ellie bent to pick up a piece of beach glass but I didn't notice Payton running up behind her until she shoved Ellie into the water and shouted "Wooo Let's have fun!" I would assume Ellie could swim if not for her horror stricken expression.

"ELLIE!" I yelled running towards the water, I could hear hear gasping for breath and being taken further and further away from the current. People on the shore started yelling for the life guard, I jumped into he water without a thought and swam as fast as I could to Ellie.

I dived down wrapped my fingers around her in a tight grip and yanked her up by the fore arm. I held her in my arms swimming back to the shoreline. I lifted her under the legs and back bridal style as she shivered in my arms, I handed her over to the paramedics someone had called earlier on.

They checked her vitals and pumped some of the fluid out of her lungs. The paramedic turned to me "She'll need a lot of bed rest and almost no stress and make sure you have these purchased, not more than one a day." I thanked the paramedics as they packed up. I once again picked Ellie up after reassuring a frantic Susie she would be alright.

Her sister however seemed to be flirting with some men by playing the 'I'm so devastated' card. I would take care of her later.

I took Ellie to my room and laid her down on the bed, I had Susie change her clothes while I was out of the room and made sure she was warm.

I couldn't leave her now, but as soon as she was awake and Susie came to see her I would deal with her trashy blonde sister...

--

Hey readers,

I love the fact that you guys continue to vote, comment and follow because I honestly appreciate and hope you continue.

P.S. Next chapter her sister will finally be confronted as many of you asked for and Cole may or may not teach Ellie how to swim ;) :D

-NinaXX