{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [24]

Start from the beginning

"Whatever," De said.

I smiled at bit as I looked around the room.

"You know it's nice to have everyone just hanging out again."

"Yeah, it's been a while since we've been together outside of school and parties," Ash agreed.

"Think we could get together next week and just jam?" Jr asked.

"Yeah, that would be cool!" Dakota said.

We all laughed.

"I'm fine with it as long as you are up to it Bro."

"I'd love to, it's been a while," Ash said.

"I'm up for it," De agreed.

"Great! I've got the software set up with profiles for each of you so you can record whatever you want."

"That's what you've been doing Dakota?" Ash asked.

"Yep," he said popping the p like Jr did when he was proud of himself.

"You are amazing little Bro," I said getting up and moving over to the desk. I picked him up in a tight hug. "I love you Dakota and don't ever doubt it." He hugged me tight.

There was a knock at the door as I let Dakota down. I opened the door and found Matt outside with a stack of papers.

"The school delivered Jr's exams. I thought maybe he'd want to get started on them."

I looked at Jr and chucked at his wrinkled nose.

"Not really but I suppose doing them now means I won't have to deal with them later."

"Very true," Arin said appearing next to Matt. "Johnny and Brian sent me to get Ash and De."

"Why?" De said.

"Everyone's leaving now to give Jr time to do his exams and let these guys have some time alone before this weekend."

A collective groan rose from Ash, De and Jr. Dakota and I shared an amused look.

"Ok we're coming," Ash said grabbing De's wrist and pulling her up off the bench.

"Where am I taking my exams?" Jr asked.

"Your mom thought the kitchen would be best that way you have the table, the timer and we can keep an eye on you to make sure you aren't overdoing it."

"Ok."

"I'm going to go play xbox for a bit."

"Andy? What are you going to do?"

"I think I'm going to stay here for a bit."

Matt nodded and moved out of the way to let the others pass through. Arin followed De and Ash down the stairs  followed by Dakota and then Jr with Matt bringing up the rear. I closed the door and sat down at the desk. I ran my fingers over the keyboard and  then the pen and notebook. I opened the notebook and lifted the pen touching it to paper and letting everything inside pour out onto the page. After a few pages a light knock sounded at the door. I waited expecting it to crack but it did not. I stood and opened the door to find Matt standing outside. I blinked a couple times.

"Matt?"

"Your mother would like to see you in our room for a minute."

"Of course."

Matt moved back towards the stairs. "Aren't you coming?"

"No, I'm monitoring Jr."

"How's he doing?"