Chapter 2

Xere 'Mdalkam came to greet the Spartan. He had no idea which Spartan he was going to greet. He saw as the Spartan came out of her Pelican. The Spartan walked over to him and he greeted her.

"Welcome to Sangheilios Spartan." He said in his normal calm voice.

The Spartan nodded taking the helmet off. He saw as it was...

"A female...?" He asked confused in his mind but then felt dazed as he saw her lovely face. His hearts started pounding as he felt this amazing feeling through though him.

She introduced herself, "I'm Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer."

He realized he was talking and snapped out of it, "I am Xere 'Mdalkam. It is a pleasure to meet you Spartan."

She nodded as they shook hands, "Pleaser to meet you as well."

Xere was happy he was on break for the moment. He was glad he met her.

He got an idea in his mind as they talked for a bit, "I will write a poem about her."

After they finished talking, he walked to a place so no one can see or hear him. He found a recording and decided to record the poem. He smiled to himself a bit liking his idea.

Lots of the Sangheili were usually grumpy mostly because they were tired of this war and wanted it to end. Though they never said or complained about any of it. Xere noticed that they had more of an attitude now. He thought as well since they have to fight their own brothers as they called them. Xere understood why they weren't their usual self. He sometimes was as well.

He felt like the Sangheili were like family and brothers and sisters to him, since females were allowed now as well to join and fight. But the some Sangheili joined up with the Covenant which made Xere feel like he lost his brothers and didn't know how to get them back. Some of them were his good friends as well.

He turned on the recorder and started to record his poem. After he was done, he checked to see if he needed to change anything or not. Which he kinda did since some the words didn't seem right to him. He decided to delete the recording and tried again.

He started the recording again. "Deleted previous recording. Starting new recording." He cleared his throat before he spoke again. "I saw you standing at your ship. Armored hand on armored hip. My hearts begin to pound. So lovely of what I found. I love your bright and shinny armor. Human named Commander Palmer. I wish that we cou-" He stopped immediately as he saw a Grunt coming to him listening to the recording.

Xere hoped the Grunt didn't hear it at all as some anger rose a bit. Mostly because of embarrassment if the Grunt did hear him. But he wasn't going to show the Grunt that.

Xere forgot he left the recording on, "What are you doing here GRUNT?!" He asked angrily at the Grunt.

The Grunt just started laughing.

Xere quietly growled to himself, "Wh- Why are you laughing?! I WILL TEAR OUT YOUR ARMS!!" He said full of anger now.

The Grunt was scared for a second then ran away laughing.

Xere realized the recording was still going and turned it off. He growled a bit quietly as he left the spot not really wanting to record again incase any more distraction was going to happen.