How does it work

Welcome to the 5SOS book club(s)! 

If you're:

- looking to get more reads and feedback on your book..
- wanting to discover new authors and 5SOS fanfiction..
- looking to make friends..

we suggest you keep on reading!

• • •

We are currently accepting only 5 Seconds of Summer fanfiction writers to join our club(s). 
As for readers only: you can participate at any time, even when we're closed to new members. 

• • •

GENERAL INFORMATION

To ensure that everyone's book is getting the same amount of recognition and feedback, we're not going to give you the choice of who to pair up with. And to keep things organised, we're not going to do so for you either. We will all be reading the same book each week.

The book clubs have a max. limit of 10 members. 

If more people are interested once the first club has been closed, we'll start the process all over again and start a new book club with the next 10 people and so on until we've reached 5 clubs.

Each "chapter" will be a different club and we'll add all the weekly assignments on there, so make sure you remember the name of your book club so you don't get them mixed up and end up doing the wrong assignments.

Those people who are only joining to read other people's books and don't want theirs reviewed can participate whenever they want, as they aren't an official member of the book club. They do not have to sign up, either. 

  • • •  

HOW DOES IT WORK?  

Each week we will select one book to read.

This means all members will be reading and reviewing the same book, at the same time. It also means you'll be getting free advertising to anyone who stumbles across this book club :)

You will all read up to 3 chapters and give feedback on those chapters.

You have one week to do so. We will not make you give a really long in-depth review, but we do ask you to do the following:

- Give praise(s)

- Give constructive critisism

- Overall opinion on the third chapter

Once you've finished the assignment, comment on your book club's page to let us know

We always check if everyone has completed their assignments!

If you have a good reason for not completing the weekly assignment, we can work something out.

- If you're simply too busy to complete it, you can do the assignment you've missed as well as the new one in the following week. 

- If you're behind two weeks and do not have a good reason for this, you will be asked to leave the book club. This means your book will not get reviewed, so keep that in mind. We make no exceptions. If you've reviewed 5 books, but forgot to do 2 and you're asked to leave even though your own book hasn't been reviewed yet, that's too bad. Rules are rules. So please do not join this club if you already know you might be too busy to complete all assignments on time.

What to do when you've already read the book you're supposed to review

Did you comment on it last time you read it?

- If not; read it again and do leave feedback this timeIf yes; depending on the comment ("omg I loved it!" type of comments) read it again and leave something new.

- If you've already left proper feedback on their book, you are allowed to check out some of their other works, just make sure to tell us about it so we can check!

Make sure you add this project to one of your reading lists/library, so you'll stay up-to-date!

Not having read the assignment is no excuse to not participate; you will be removed from the member list as stated above.

  • • • 

If anyone has any questions, just ask them in a comment below :) 

We will post the first book once we have 5 members.