"Guess what!" I smiled as I walked by her side, "you're voting for me!" Mariana smiled "no! Well yeah I'm voting for you but that's not it!" I said. "Then?" "I got a laptop!" I said in excitement. "What? That's amazing! Now you can finally sign up for Twitter, tumblr, Facebook!" Mariana listed as I chuckled. "Yeah that's true," "do me a favor?" Mariana turned to me.

"Pass these out!" Mariana handed me pins as I raised a brow, "uh sure" I said "thanks!" Mariana smiled. "You're still coming with my mom and I for dinner, right?" I reminded, "of course!" my best friend waved as she rushed down the halls to pass out more pins.

I rolled my eyes and walked into class, sitting in the back of the classroom as usual.

     A girl walked towards me and sat down by my side as I raised a brow, "I overheard that you've got a laptop" the girl said and I nodded, "yeah and?"
      "I know this website.. If you want maybe we could talk more about it" the girl said as she smiled innocently.

     "No thanks" Mariana said all of a sudden, "I don't think I was talking to you" the girl said

     "No thanks" Mariana said all of a sudden, "I don't think I was talking to you" the girl said. "I know who you are Ava Rodriguez" Mariana said as the girl rolled her eyes and walked away.

      "What was that?" "don't go anywhere near that girl, she will get you involved in bad stuff" Mariana warned, "what kind of-" "just don't! Promise me that you will stay away from her!" Mariana cut off and I nodded. What could be so dangerous about some girl?

--

      I sat on my bed as I had my textbook spread out along with worksheets, searching for information on my laptop as I had my glasses on.

      I only have my glasses on when I'm at home, I don't exactly look the best with them on. I heard my phone buzz and grabbed it while reading an article.

Mariana: How's the laptop?

Justin: I'm doing great, thanks for asking.

Mariana: Hahaha, very funny Justin. Have you signed up for Twitter yet?

Justin: I'm doing homework.

Mariana: boo, you're no fun.

Justin: Is there a reason why you're still texting me? Usually when I'm doing homework, you apologize and let me be.

Mariana: I have to cancel on dinner, I have much more to do for my presidential election.

      I frowned but I understood.

Justin: that's too bad but I understand, school comes first.

Mariana: Thank you, i'll make it up to you! I promise.

      I sighed as I put my phone down and shut my laptop, putting all my homework away as i heard my mother walk in.
      "Get ready hun, is Mariana going to meet us there or is she coming here?" my mother asked. "She had to cancel.. she's taking this presidential election seriously" I chuckled, "that's okay.. Maybe next time but we can still have a good time" my mother reassured "i'll be ready in a bit" I grinned.

--

My mother and I sat down in the restaurant, "so what kind of presidential stuff did she have to do?" my mom asked as I shrugged, "um I don't know.. Let me check." Mariana loves to post about what goes on, on her Instagram. I rarely ever login but why not just see, eh?

The first thing I saw was a photo of Mariana's new campaign posters, "she made new posters" I said and showed my mother as she smiled "she's very pretty" my mom said as I grinned and scrolled down to see a photo from one of the guys that I follow at my school.. At a party.. With Mariana.

I checked at the time and it was posted four minutes ago, oh my god. She lied! I didn't want to react in front of my mother, but I swear I'm screaming in my mind.

Mariana has never lied to me before, why would she do this?! I am officially pissed off.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

      Hi hello! Thanks so much for reading, I really hope that you guys like it so far!

      Also, I know the cover is horrible lmfao but it's just temporary.

      Tell me your thoughts!😇