Slinder "Very Rough Draft"

The name was Roderick an animal hunter hired recently by an old man to hunt down a list of creatures that had escaped from his castle. I didn't fully understand what he meant by creatures but the amount of gold he was offering was just to good to pass on. The List of creatures he had given me contained twenty-six different creatures and each of the creatures I would have to return body still intact. The first creature I encountered was the slinder a village close to the castle the man who hired me stayed. It took a day to get the village quickly noticing that a funeral was taking place as I had arrived I waited till after the ceremony had ended before beginning my investigation. Quickly learning that the people who had been killed had died at the hand of a monster that had been attacking the village for the last three days. The villagers describe the monster as very pale with a slender frame and strength that easily pulled the doors off the wooden houses as the creature would rush in killing those inside sometimes dragging the bodies off. After spending a few hours searching the scene where the last attack had happen I met a young girl who told me she had seen the creature the night before go into the near by woods even showing me the spot it went to. I prepared my gear as I entered the woods the trail the creature left behind was still pretty fresh as it lead me a mile or two into the woods and found the first of what I can expect to be the remains of villages it had dragged away. The body looked to be that of a young man the body was pale blood stains around its neck as if the creature had strangled him till the point of the bloods vessels burst and the neck bones protruded out of his neck. I placed a marker near the body so it would be easier to find if the villages wanted to come back and give him a proper burial. Then quickly returning back to the trail the for several more minutes till the trail went cold the monsters footprints disappeared just as noticed the sun about to set I pull from my coat a torch quickly lighting it with a fire striker just as the shadow of something moved over head.