18|NOBODY'S SIDEKICK

Start from the beginning

Ally couldn't believe what she was doing. She was following the not-so-tiny kid from Brooklyn into a HYDRA base. Steve was swinging his shield left and right, sneakily making his way by the HYDRA guards while she followed. Ally had never been so impressed. Although she was sweating nervously, she swallowed her fear and followed the captain into battle.

"I need you to keep watch," he whispered, ducking behind a wall. "Can you do that?"

Ally looked down at her sword, the one she had very little knowledge about and only a few weeks worth of training with. "Shouldn't be a problem."

Her sword gleamed in the cool light. The sword was stained with blood and she almost wanted to vomit. Every person she had stabbed or injured wasn't enough to kill them, Ally couldn't kill anyone. She shuffled to the side and watched as Steve flipped himself over a railing and fought a few more HYRDA men. He returned shortly, unphased from his recent attack. "Come on."

The two swung down into the lower decks of the the bunker base and fought with many HYRDA agents before successfully getting the keys. Ally looked down below her and dropped the keys.

"Who are you supposed to be?" A prisoner called, referring to Steve.

"I'm...Captain America. Get out fast and give 'em hell. I'll meet you guys in the clearing with anybody else I find."

"Ally Jones?" Someone shouted from down below.

Ally squinted her eyes, trying to make out the blurry faces. "Quaker?"

"Ally!"

"Quincy oh my– thank god! I'm so happy to see you," she reached down to touch his hand. "I've gotta go find Bucky."

"Wait, who's the girl? Your sidekick?" Questioned another, glaring at Ally as she readied her sword in case there was an incoming attack.

"I'm nobody's sidekick pal," Ally snarled. "Come on Captain, let's go."

"Wait! You know what you're doin'?"

Ally and Steve looked at each other before Steve grinned. "Yeah. I've knocked out Adolf Hitler over two hundred times."

Ally followed Steve's pace without complaint. Her clothes and hair were slick with sweat and clung to her skin. Sweat rolled down her skin in thick, salty beads. Ally had begun to run very fast since the serum affected her but never this fast with that much determination. She could feel her heart throbbing inside her chest, her lungs felt like they would burst and her throat was so very dry.

They came into a long hallway, stopping themselves to catch a better look at the small man and tall woman stuttering in front of them. Ally squinted, her sword fascined to her. The tall woman looked at Ally twice before running, the shorter man following behind him.

"Holy shit," she said in disbelief. "That was Vic..."

"Vic from the diner?"

"Vic from the diner!" Ally confirmed, her eyes completely widened. "She's a HYDRA agent!"

"Sergeant James Barnes..."