Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

I sat next to her and she acted like she didn't even notice so to get her attention I shook her shoulder, "You good?"

"Yes," she mumbled looking at me.

"You sure."

"I'm fine, are you okay," she asked looking me over.

I looked at her and even though this situation was fucked up I couldn't' help but think about how much I loved her, especially sense she just saved my life. I knew without a doubt that she had my back and was down for whatever but I didn't want her out here shooting niggas. She was a good girl and that's how I wanted her to stay but catching a body had a way of changing you.

"I'm good. Do you need anything, want anything?"

"No," she shook her head standing up, "I just want to take a shower and go to bed."

When she stood up I glanced at her stomach and remembered the reason why I made that pit stop at the store in the first place. Instead of bringing that up now I decided to give her some time because I didn't plan on going nowhere tonight, I was staying right here.

Tonight was bad but it could have been worse, way worse. As far as I was concerned after tonight there was no more plan and there was no more need for Kash to be involved with any of this anymore. I was going to do what I should of did months ago, send them away until all of this was over for good. I knew that Kash wouldn't want to but she didn't have a choice.

K A S H M E R E

I woke up after tossing and turning for most of the night and only getting what summed up to about five hours of sleep. One of the last things I remember is August getting in bed with me and now he was nowhere to be found. It was just after eight in the morning and after getting out the bed and went to go and use the bathroom with my mind still on last night.

I had seen people get shot before but I've never been the one to pull the trigger. I had no problems with putting my hands on anybody but I never would of thought there would be a day where I had to take somebodies life. I was shaken up about it last night no matter how I tried to hide it. I couldn't help but think about who the guy was and his family and if he had kids. But then I would think about August and how I pulled the trigger to protect my family.

I did what I had to do is what I told myself and now my main concern about last night was hoping that what happened last night never came to light and that the women behind the counter kept her mouth shut. I brushed my teeth and washed my face and walked out of the room and into the living room where Kaliyah and August sat on the couch.

"Good morning," I told the both of him and walked over to Kaliyah and kissed her on her cheek.

"Mommy daddy says that me, you and grandma are going on a trip."

She was smiling from ear to ear but I was confused because this was the first time anyone informed me.

I looked at August so he could clue me in and he tapped Kaliyah and told her to go and play in her room so that he could talk to me. Once she was gone to her room I focused my attention back on him.

"What is she talking about?"

"Sit down," he motioned to the seat next to him on the couch. I walked over to the couch and took a seat waiting for him to speak.

"How are you,"he looked at me as if he was expecting me to have a nervous breakdown about what happened last night.

"I'm fine."