Spirit (Avengers FanFic)

Hi! This is my first book so please vote and comment and I hope you like it!

________________________________________________________________

Emma's P.O.V

I was 11 years old. Me, my mom and dad were eating dinner when it happened. We heard the glass from our front door smash. My dad got up to see what it was while my mom led me to their room and inside their closet. My mom had a lot of dresses because of her work so i was easily hid behind all of them. "Stay here sweety, don't move no matter what."

"Ok mommy." I said, scared. She ran out of the room to go help dad when I heard a shot. It wasn't a normal gun shot, it sounded like an electric blast of some sort. I had to press my hands against my mouth to not yell out. I heard my mom scream, and I could hear a sob. "Jaxon!" I heard her cry my dads name. Tears started to slip out of my eyes and make rivers on my cheeks. I knew the person who broke in had shot my dad.

I sat down in the corner and hugged my knees, I covered myself with blankets and things so if the murderer came in here he might not see me. Bang!

Another shot. My throat was tugging and trying to hard to make me cry but I held it in. I heard footsteps come into the room I was hiding in, and then the closet door slowly opening. The light hurting my eyes. I heard shuffling through the clothes and then felt a tug on my camouflage. "No." A firm girls voice said. "Let her live we might need her in the future."

"You better hope this isn't a mistake." Another voice came, exactly like the girls but in a boy voice instead. I had a hole where I could see through and what I saw was very weird. A male and female, I would have thought were human if not for the long staffs and demon wings. As soon as I looked at them my both looked right through my peek hole and vanished.

They knew I saw them.

*9 years later*

The thief was not getting away. Not again. I was using my power (the ability to go what I wish with light) to fly through the air with wings I had made-out of light.- I saw the man turn a corner of a building and I flew over it. I threw a ball of light at him. burning him, but not badly. I landed down and teleported him. (One of my other powers as long as I know where to go.) I got the bag of diamonds he had stolen and returned them to the diamond store with a single thought, a note burnt on the side.

Just when I was about to teleport away I heard a sound I thought I might never hear. Iron man. I should know because I use the roof of Stark Tower to sleep on. He raised his helmet so I could see his face. "Well, that was impressive. I got my suit on for nothing but to follow you."

"Um...Sorry?" I said, what else was I supposed to say? I wasn't some crazy fan girl who would go OMG Tony Stark! Can I have your autograph or anything of yours you don't want! 

"So the famous Spirit. Never though I'd actually catch you since you always seem to be gone before I get here."

"Yea, I try to be gone. I'd rather stay a mystery than be famous. But apparently I'm both." I said since he called me famous. I thought it was supposed to be hard to be famous! Guess not. "So, uh, what do you want?" I asked getting right to the chase.

"I want you to come to Stark Tower with me, your a super hero, right? We need to get to know each other. Have a drink."

I knew all about Tony's addiction to drinks. "No I can't, I'm only 20."

"Yea, like the cops are going to yell at me-or you-to not drink." Tony said, he had a point.

"Uh sure then, I guess."

"Then lets go." Tony said, lowered his mask and started to fly. "Coming?" He said thinking I was going to fly. "You have super boosters I have wings, I think I'll make my trip on foot." My only other power That I knew of) was super speed. "Suit yourself." Tony said and flew off.

I could just teleport to Stark Tower but that wouldn't be any fun, so I sped off. I was at Stark Tower in under a minute and looked up to see Tony about to land. I teleported up to the top. "I win." I said.

"Actually I did." A man said behind me. I turned around the see a black man (not being racist) with an eye-patch. "Looks like Peggy the pirate got a leg. Now all he needs is en eye." Tony said.

"I'm not in the mood Stark."

"Oh, so no thank you for getting her. You know how long it took me to get her!" Tony said.

"Yes I do considering I was the one that asked you in the first place!" The eye-patch man said.

"I'm going to get a drink." Tony said and to me, "have fun." And walked off.

"Ok Spirit, my team needs you. The world is about to go to war and we need all the people we can. That's why I asked Stark to get you."

"What kind of team?"

"Its called the Avengers, its very important that our team is capable on handling everything put in our way. That's why I'm asking you." He said and handed me a folder. I flipped through it and saw just how important it was. And plus I didn't have anything better to do so why not? But I've also been trying to stay hidden from the people who killed my parents, and joining a team like this would pretty much be like going on tv and hold a sign saying: I'm here, come n' get me. "I don't know if I can, I have to stay hidden from...these people." I said.

"Yes, yes I'm well aware of your parents...incident. That's why I've agreed to keep you off any kind of camera until your ready."

How he knew about my parents? I have no idea, probably some lost record about me that he found. But I decided not to bring it up. "Ready for what?"

"Well, pretty much everything put in your path." Eye patch said a little uncertain. "And besides you seem like a great girl and could probably make friends easy with my team. So even when you did go on camera, if people decided to try to capture you they'd have to go through all of the team. Which would probably be hard." He said, as I handed him the folder back.

"And what if I would want to leave?" I said, just incase I ever decided to leave.

"You'll be free to go."

"Well I've really got nothing else to lose..." I began but Eye-patch interrupted me. "Well you do.."

"That I'm not already risking." I finished and he knew what I meant. "So you accept?" He asked.

"Yes."

And with that we left.

_____________________________________________________

I know this is kind of short but I wanted to do this part in one chapter. I hope everyone likes it and shares it with all the people they know. This is my first book so I hope its good.

Thanks to all my readers!

And while waiting for my next chapter:

Vote

Comment

And follow me!

:)