Chapter 21

"I will see you in three days and I know you are going to be innocent. Oh by the way, you are a god parent. My sister had a child. She named him Peter." She let me know. A baby... and I am a god parent. 

"Wait, you have a sister? How does she even know about me?" 

"Her name is Bethany. She knows about you because we talk every day and I told her about you. Your lawyer is her colleague. You are going to make it through this. Hannah is number one in her town and she will get you out of this." She keeps saying as if she wants to let herself become more confident for her own sake as opposed to mine. "I want to kiss you so bad. But when you get out, it is just going to be me and you.. all day." She smiles and the warden comes in to ruined the one moment that I was looking forward to and that I had cherished. 

SKIP TO THE END OF TRIAL: 

"I hereby declare, Harry Styles, not guilty. I also believe that the plaintiff, Penelope Santiago is guilty of perjury. Court adjourned. Have a good night everybody." After a three hour court date, we are done and I am finally freed. My lawyer, Hannah, let me know that all the charges that were on me in the past are all cleared. So this is my clean slate. 

"I told you..." Mariana comes running to me. "I will wait outside the jail for you." She kisses me and lets me know before a police officer moves me so that I could go get my belongings. 

When I got changed and got released she was out there with someone who looks unfamiliar, maybe it is her sister, Bethany. "Hello, you must be Bethany... and this young gentleman must be Peter." She smiles. 

"Nice to finally put the face to the name." She tells me and gives me a hug. "Please take care of her..." She whispers in my ear as we hug. 

"So Bethany... want to join Harry and I for some lunch? I was thinking of taking him to T.G.I. Friday's."  How does she know that TGI Fridays is one of my favorite places to eat. "Maybe get to know Harry a bit more?" Mariana wanted to have a lunch with her sister and I sensed that. 

"Mariana, why don't you and your sister have lunch? I will go and see my mom and sister." I let her know and she seems so unsure about this. "We can always go for dinner..." I try to appease her and I know I shouldn't but her sister is clearly uncomfortable with me being at the lunch and I sense that they haven't had lunch in a long time.  She nods and I give her a kiss and I walk to where my car was parked. To my surprise, it was still in the same exact spot. Everything that was in the car before was there. 

*Anne's POV* 

"Mom...is the judge going to release him?" My only daughter sat across from me at the table discussing what is going on with Harry. I can see the change in him and it is a healthy one. Hopefully the judge will see it.  "Mariana assured us that she has an amazing lawyer for him. So I sense that he is on his way here now." She moves to the couch so she could look out the window and and wait for him. 

"Gemma, even if he is coming, it will be two hours from now." I tell her and she nods. "Do you want to go to the bakery and get something for breakfast before we come back here and wait? It is only 11." I try to reason with her. Mariana let us know that his court time was 10. We just need to wait for him to be here... if he decides to come here and talk. 

"Yeah, I will go. It is just down the street. Be right back." 

*Harry's POV* 

Driving to my mother's house is one thing I didn't want to do after my prison time, but she needs to know that I am okay, and that I am deciding to move to Chicago. I am still paying the rent there anyway so I will just bring what money I have with me. While I look for a job and really get that brand new start.  I need to leave England. Officially. How am I going to tell Mariana? I arrive and I see Gemma returning with some baked goods and three cups of coffee. I park my car and exit. "Sis, would you want some help with all that?" I ask and she stops just before walking up to the door.