The Wolf In Me- Based on Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

********I freaking love the book shiver, so i just threw this together :D it's a bit sketch, but i hope ya'll enjoy :D xox, CountryStrongxo**********

It's been exactly three weeks. Well three weeks and a day. Exactly. Well, since I was bitten. The girl with the green eyes, Maddie, told me I should shift soon. I wasn't sure exactly what that meant. But I was sure I'd figure out soon. With the changing of the seasons from fall to winter I'd been feeling something tugging inside me. Wanting to be let loose. I was scared and confused. Very confused.

My name is Isabel Miller. I'm seventeen years old. I'm a senior in high school, and I have ADHD. My dad hates me. My moms not around much. To whoever asks I say shes some fancy doctor working on a cure for cervical cancer. If only that was really true. Shes just a druggie in a rehab center thirty miles south of here. St. Cloud minnesota. That's where here is. We live in a small house on the edge of the city. Me and my dad. Its got one floor and a decent sized loft. The lofts my room. My dad has the bedroom downstairs with whatever girlfriend. Well he calls them girlfriends. I call them whores. No big deal though. Then we had a mudroom with a laundry machine and an adjoined living area and kitchen. Its alright I guess. My father doesn't care. About me. About anything. The only thing he ever cared about was my mother. Now that she's gone. He's got nothing. So he fills up his time, memory, and life up with dirty whores he meets at the club. Every morning I usually wake up to a version of this "Isabel wake up you stupid bitch. It's time to go to the school nobody likes you at. Oh by the way make me breakfast." it just makes my day to hear that every morning. Not.

So I was running the other day. Well not really the other day. But it was probably a month ago. Anyway  I love to run. But as i was running I saw a car abandoned by the side of the road. Engine still on drivers side door open. And a charcoal grey wolf running from it. I was shocked mainly because there aren't usually wolves around highly populated areas. And second because it ran like it was coming from the car. I ran to the car to see if anyone was inside. Sure enough nobody was. Just a few scraps of clothes littering the ground. I didn't really know what to do. Then I looked in the direction the wolf had been running to. I saw it sitting there. Calm as day and night it's green eyes glittering with one unknown secret. Then promptly I got the urge to shut off the ignition, clean up the torn up clothing set It in a pile in the backseat, and shut the door and pretend I hadn't seen anything. So I did. Until three weeks ago I had almost forgotten about the weird car and grey wolf.

"Isabel......Isabel? Dude wake up. The bell just wrang. We're gonna be late for trig...."

"relax I'm up. Sorry"

"hey it's alright," replied my best friend in the world Ben, " Rough night?"

"ya you could say that. I also feel like shit so ya know."

"what happened?"

"oh nothing important. Trust me."

There was an awkward moment of silence while he stared at me. That look always meant he knew I was lying. But of course he was always right.

"come on, or we'll be late"

So promptly we left Mr. Clarksons twelfth grade English class. We walked silently, listening to all the other people in the hallways talking, catching bits and pieces of conversations about weekend plans. Suddenly I turned to Ben.

"let's ditch eight and ninth period. No one will miss us. Come on please? We only have three minutes to decide....."

Without thinking he replied, "let's do it."

So we opened the doors of the building and ran to Bens car. Five minutes later we were on the road. After a few minutes of silent driving I flipped the switch on the radio to some ninties station and Ben asked,