“Yeah problem is I have no idea where things are.”

“Well let’s see it then.” I extended my hand and he placed the paper there. My eyes scanned the sheet; Defence against the dark arts, transfiguration with us, history of magic, potions with Slytherin’s, charms with the Hufflepuff’s, Herbology with us and flying/Astronomy with the Hufflepuff’s.  “One minute I should have… ah ha here it is.” I pulled a spare map of the school out of my bag and handed it to him. “Andromeda said that I would need it but Father gave me one as well so here take it.” His face lit up into a smile and took the parchment.

“Thank you so much Addison.” I nodded and pulled my own time table out of my bag. Charms with the Slytherin's, Transfiguration with the Ravenclaw's, Potions with the Hufflepuff's, History of Magic alone, Defence Against the Dark Arts alone, Herbology with the Ravenclaw's and Flying/Astronomy with the Slytherin's. Not bad really except we get to start and end the day with Slytherin's, joy. I may not know many Slytherin's in our year besides Raph but  I know that Gryffindor's and Slytherin's generally don't get along. Donnie and I continued our way down the stairs in silence, we entered the great hall and waved to each other as we sat with our respective house. I slid in beside Leo and grabbed a piece of toast, as I buttered it he sighed.

"Addison I'm sorry I ran off like that."

"It is fine Leo; I pushed when I shouldn't have. When you're ready I expect you'll tell me."

*Mikey's POV*

Scarlett, Mikito, Timothy and I sat at the Hufflepuff table eating breakfast when Professor Sprout started walking down the table handing out our class lists.

"First years?" She called and I followed Scarlett's example of raising my hand, Tim, and Mikito did the same. "Here you are. Good luck on your first day." She smiled and handed us the paper. History of Magic alone, Herbology with the Slytherin’s, Potions with the Gryffindor’s, Transfiguration alone, Charms with the Ravenclaw’s, Defence against the Dark Arts with the Slytherin’s and Flying/ Astronomy with the Ravenclaw’s. I don’t know what any of the classes are about but I know they sound fun! I looked up at Mikito and Scarlett; they both shared the same look of dread.

"What’s wrong?” I asked worriedly. Scarlett looked at me.

“Slytherin’s hate Hufflepuff’s Mikey.”  I stared wide eyed at her. Raph doesn’t hate me and he’s a Slytherin! Mikito however scoffed.

“Slytherin’s hate everyone.” Her frown changed into a wide smile. “But don’t worry Mikey, we’ll be fine. Besides were all friend’s right?” Timothy, Scarlett and I nodded in agreement and finished off breakfast.

History of Magic was our first class and surprisingly taught by a ghost. Professor Binns was rumoured to have died in his sleep but when he woke up he still went to work. I wonder if he even knows he’s dead.

“Take your seats, open your text books to page four take out your notes and please pay attention.” The sound of his voice almost put me to sleep and he hadn’t even started teaching us anything. We took our seats and I pulled my textbook titled History of Magic from my bag and opened it to page four as instructed. Reaching back into my bag I pulled out a quill, my ink bottle, and my notes.

“We’ll start with the Gargoyle Strike of 1911. The Gargoyle Strike of 1911 was a wildcat strike of gargoyles that occurred in 1911. The wildcats were winning at some point during the strike when something noteworthy happened…” He droned on about this as I tried to both stay awake and write my notes. I noticed Timothy and a few other classmates had fallen asleep already. I kept thinking to myself. ‘I can do it, I can stay awake zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.”

*Raph’s POV*

“Charms with the Gryffindor’s, boring! Herbology with the Hufflepuff’s heh bully some Jigglypuff’s that ought to be fun! Transfiguration alone, good. Potions with those stuck up Ravenclaw know-it-all’s. History of Magic alone, snore. Defence against the dark arts with Hufflepuff’s again. And flying/ Astronomy with the wimps from Gryffindor; maybe we can knock one off their broom!”

I stood there gritting my teeth against all that Tsoi had to say about my brothers houses. When he mentioned bullying Mikey I almost punched him, but restrained myself. I didn’t need to get into trouble on our first day.  Fong seemed to notice how tense I was and punched my shoulder.

“Got a problem there Raph?” I glared daggers at him and opened my mouth to retort. But Sid beat me to it.

“Aw leave the poor mudblood alone, you know he misses his muggle mommy!”

I scowled. My brother’s and I may not have a mother but I wasn’t about to take anymore shell from these punks. I pushed my way through them and found the Charms classroom. Across the room on the Gryffindor side I saw Addison and Leo conversing about something in Addison’s text book. Well congrats Leo on fitting in! I saw Addison raise her head and spot me.

“Raph! Come here!” She called. Reluctantly I walked over and leaned on their desk. “How was your first night? Make any new friends?”

“Oh yeah the Slytherin’s love mudbloods.” I responded sarcastically. Leo patted my shoulder and I jerked away.

“Don’t let them make you mad bro, just keep your anger under control.”

“Don’t tell me what to do Leo.” I stomped back to my side of the room and waited for class to start. I’ll show Leo… I’ll keep my anger under control AND I’ll make ‘new friends’ at the same time.

*Leo’s POV*

Yes I know I shouldn’t have run off like that but I apologized and she forgave me so all is well right? I hope so because Addison is really the only friend I have… 

“Mister Homato..? Mister Leonardo!” Professor McGonagall tapped me on the head with her wand and out of the corner of my eye I saw Addison glare and tighten her grip on her quill. Across the room I saw Donnie trying to mouth something to me.

“Yes Professor? Sorry Professor…” I stuttered looking up at her and coming out of my daze. She pointed to the board.

“I’ll repeat the question, how many animagi witches or wizards are registered with the ministry?”

“Uh,” I didn’t know, I guess I had zoned out and missed it! I felt a sharp kick to my leg, Addison was kicking me! “Um…” She kicked me again and again… wait she’s telling me the answer. Seven kicks and she stopped. “Seven… are registered Professor.” McGonagall smiled and walked back to the front.

“Very good… Miss. Peverell. Why don’t you tell us how one would go about registering?”  I turned to see Addison go stiff. She’s lowered her head and mumbled and answer I couldn’t hear and I was sitting next to her. “Pardon me?” Addison raised her head, looked directly at McGonagall, stood up from her desk and walked to the front of the room.

“A wizard can learn to be an Animagus, but most were registered as babies or young children, when they start showing signs of their powers they usually turn into their animal. For you Professor, you turned into a cat; and… I- I became this.” She flung her arms into a sweeping arc and before our eyes morphed into a tawny owl she flew up and circled around our head a few times before diving at me. I held out my arm and she landed precariously on it.

“Addison… you’re an owl?”