Chapter 17. A Different Birthday Celebration

Start from the beginning

I really don't know... I mean I want to be his friend, I really do. But then again, how can you be friends with someone when every time you lay eyes on them, you're thinking about how much more you actually want?

He pulled away and the smile disappeared from his face. He was now glaring at me "You have no idea how mad I am at you."

Well you do look cute when you're mad.

Get your shit together Emma.

"Oops?" I said in a cute voice

"Hm, not working M&Ms, you're in big trouble." He said with a smirk

"At least I'm in time for your birthday." I said with an innocent smile.

Nate's birthday is in three days. I wouldn't miss it. That's kind of the reason why I'm back now.

"Not enough to make it up for being away for a month." he said before ruffling my hair.

"Leave the poor girl alone man." James said showing up "Welcome back Emma." He said pulling me in for a hug.

"Thanks for the barbeque guys." I said honestly "You really didn't need to do this, I feel bad."

"Shut up Emma. It's not a big deal." Stella said with a smile on her face

I sighed "Alright."

"Okay." McGrumpy said making us look at him. He held up a plate "I think that these aren't completelly burned."

"Men... can't do anything without supervision." Demi said rolling her eyes

"I'd watch that tone if I were you miss Charles." McGrumpy said with a smirk

"Don't go all professor on me. I'm not afraid of you." Demi answered

Okay- Where did all the sass come from?

Usually Demi is sassy only with me.

God, I'm gone for a month and the world has come to an end.

"Okay I'm gonna puke if you keep this couple thingy up." Stella said fake gagging.

"I'm with her." I joined

Demi rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out.

Oh how much I've missed them.

I yawned and leaned my head on Stella's shoulders a couple hours later. The food, whatever wasn't burned anyway, was actually great and now I'm full and sleepy.

"You must be tired." Stella obsereved

"I am" I confirmed streching my head to the left and then the right

"I can drive you home." Nate suggested and I almost said yes but Demi answered for me before I could reply to him.

"Nathan you have a motorcycle and Emma has two suitcases bigger than her." She said chuckling "I don't see how this will work out."

"She's right." I said looking at Nate and then at Demi "Come on teachers pet, let's get going." I said getting up from the couch.

I'm so glad McGrumpy is the kitchen and didn't hear that because I'd be in trouble.

Demi rolled her eyes at me and walked in the kichen.

I grabbed my bag and said goodbye to everyone after thanking them once again.

"We still have to plan what we'll do for your birthday." I reminded Nate before walking out of the house. Demi followed behind me and we got to her car.