~Chapter 2~

The man I think is Jim says quietly before walking away, "You're a good singer by the way." I smile slightly.

Blake comes on stage a few minutes later followed by George and Reece. Before starting the show, or even announcing their names Blake searches the crowd, then his eyes lock with mine. He mouths "Come up here, Jim said you can sing". I shake my head. He nods, and we go back and forth like this for what seems like an eternity until he stops raises his eyebrows and heads to the mic. I fear what he might say.

He adjusts the mic and clears his throat. "My name is Blake, this is Reece and George. We are New Hope Club. I have a friend, she is here and she is really good at singing, she won't come up though. If you think she should join us up here for at least one song raise your hand." His sweet British accent rings through the room. I look around nervous. Almost everyone's hands are in the air, including those belonging to George, Blake and Reece. Blake raises an eyebrow, "I guess that means you have to come up here, huh." He reaches his hand out to me. I roll my eyes as I stand and take his hand. His strong grip helps me on stage.

I grin awkwardly and give a tiny wave. Blake wraps his arm around my shoulders. "I'd introduce her, but she is fully capable of doing that herself." He squeezes my shoulder.

I take a deep breath. "My name is Jessie, and I'm an honorary member of New Hope Club I guess." I grin a little.

"Do you know the song "Hey Everybody!"?" Blake whispers in my ear. I nod my head, "Good", I can hear the smile on his lips.

As the song starts, I stand close to Blake. He gives me a nudge as if to tell me that I have a solo. I take a slight step towards the mic and begin singing. Immediately everyone cheers. I look cautiously over at Blake, he has the biggest smile I've seen on him yet. He nods, then heads to the mic for his solo.

As the song goes on I get more into it and end up dancing around with the mic in hand, singing with Reece, Blake and George. When the song ends we are all smiling and laughing. Reece goes to the mic, "Who thinks Jessie should stay for another song?" Everyone Screams and yells. I laugh. Someone runs out on stage with an extra mic so no one has to share, they also bring out a keyboard and set it up next to Blake. I sit on the bench and look at the music. I grin, I know all of these songs. "One, two, three, four!" George yells.

Throughout the time we go through all the songs I become more comfortable on stage. And when we reach the last song everyone in the room is singing along. Tears spring to my eyes. When the song ends I stand up and walk over to Blake; George and Reece join us and we throw our hands in the air then bow in sync as if I were always meant to be there and as if we had practiced for an hour before. We leave stage smiling and laughing.