Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Start from the beginning

He always ran warm for a day or so after turning, it was part of the process. The sweat was from the nervousness that ran through him whenever someone spoke about werewolves in his presence. The feeling of being about to pass out, though, that was entirely based on Lily's horrified tone when she'd whispered that she couldn't imagine being close to a werewolf.

Professor Blythe announced, "Class is dismissed. Be sure to read the textbook chapter on werewolves, and we'll talk more about identifying them and treating a bite next class. Come along, Remus, we'll go to the hospital wing." She took Remus's hand gently and her cool touch made him shiver.

Lily looked on wide-eyed as Professor Blythe led Remus out of the room quickly, her arm supporting him. She turned to Sirius, James, and Peter the moment the door closed, "Did you lot know he was still sick?" she asked.

"Still sick?" James asked.

"Well he just missed two days of classes -- wasn't he sick?" Lily asked.

"Oh yeah!" James remembered the full moon had been the past two days and yes, indeed, Remus being ill had been the excuse, again. "Yeah. He was."

"So what did you let him come to class for?" she snapped at him.

James looked speechlessly at Sirius, utterly flabbergasted. "He he was better," Sirius replied with a shrug.

"Yeah, he said he was better," James echoed.

Lily rolled her eyes. "Obviously he wasn't. He looked peaky even before class." She sighed, a worried look on her face as she collected her books.

"Look, Evans, Remus is going to be fine," Sirius said.

They all waited for Peter to gather his things together - he was always the slowest at doing so. They made sure the classroom door shut tightly behind them and started up to Gryffindor Tower together. They were on the rotating staircases before any of them spoke again.

Lily took a deep breath, "He's always sick. It seems like every month he's ill. Does he have a condition?"

"A condition?" James asked.

"Is there something the matter with your ears, Potter?" Lily asked, eyebrows raised, "Everything I say, you repeat like you're a giant parrot."

James scowled.

Sirius supplied, "He just doesn't feel well Lily, that's all. He'll be alright. Stop worrying so much."

"I can't help but worry," Lily said, "Did you see how peaky he got? One minute we're all talking about werewolves, the next Remus is about to pass out!"

James snickered, "Maybe he's afraid of wolves." Sirius and Peter chuckled. Lily looked quite agitated.

When the staircase finally connected with the landing, Lily stepped off quickly and shaking her head, muttered, "You lot are the worst friends ever!" She clutched her books to her chest with one hand and pointed accusingly at them, "You don't even care that he's sick!"

"We care," James said defensively.

Lily rolled her eyes, "All you care about is yourself."

James looked flabbergasted once again. "What're you attacking me for!"

Lily didn't reply, instead, she turned on her heel and started off down the corridor in a huff.

"You're going the wrong way, Evans," James called, "The tower's this way."

"I know where the tower is, you toerag!" Lily called over her shoulder, "I'm not going to the tower."