Chapter One: Genos's Crying

Saitama is very thankful for the existence of Genos now. Ever since Genos moved in to 'observe' him, the house had been clean. Which Saitama is very thankful for, after the fight with Boros he had become an A class hero. Saitama is called almost daily for small matters to 'Oni' classified missions. Every time Saitama came home from fighting the house was spotless and cool. Dinner would be ready on the table for Saitama to eat and Genos would be sitting right across from his food.

"Genos...", Saitama said walking in, it was 6 pm on a Tuesday night. Genos had prepared salmon for Saitama, he sat across from Genos and broke apart the wooden chopsticks using his teeth. "How do you always know when I will be home...". Genos looked up at Saitama with a blank expression, "I am always told when Sensei begins fighting, and usually I have around twenty minute to prepare a meal for you...". Saitama nodded, and took a huge bite out of the salmon. "Where did you get this from?...". The Cyborg lifted his head from a manga he found lying around Saitama's apartment, "It was a gift from the Hero Association to me..". "Oh, well this tastes really expensive...". He says and looked over at Genos. He was really silent he wasn't usually like this. Genos would usually be telling Saitama all about his day, about the S Class Heroes. Genos wasn't saying a word just reading some manga. Saitama decided to just stay silent and not say a word about it. Not wanting his friend to be uncomfortable with his asking. Saitama ate dinner in silence for the first time since he met Genos.

After he finished eating Saitama stood up and Genos didn't make the gesture to take the plate to the sink, another weird thing. He also noticed the dishes weren't done upon his arrival. Another weird thing but Saitama could do them himself. It's been a while since he has cleaned anything in his house. He heard the sound of the lamp being turned off and tuned to see Genos facing the wall lying down on his futon. It's only 7 O'clock. Saitama stared at him and the water overflowed out of the sink, "Shit...". He swore and grabbed the mop to start cleaning up the mess. Today was so weird. Maybe though it's early he should get some sleep too. He finished up the dishes and lay on his futon next to Genos's. He could still see that Genos's body had a faint glow. He knew he was awake. Should he ask? Should he not ask? If he didn't ask would he even be able to sleep with the curiosity eating at him. "Ah...Genos?...". Here it goes. "Are you alright?...". Genos shifted a bit and the light that was faintly glowing shut off. He went into rest mode. Now Saitama was worried. Genos never abruptly went into rest mode, usually Genos talks to Saitama until Saitama couldn't stay awake another second. "Alright then", Saitama said in a soft voice though Genos couldn't hear him. He then turned around to face the wall and drifted to sleep after 2 hours of non-stop thinking.

Saitama stirred awake at the sound of sniffling, he turned around and saw the bright orange light of Genos lighting the room. "I'm so sorry I wasn't strong enough..", he heard Genos say softly. Saitama bit his bottom lip, he looked at the small clock beside him, it was four in the morning. Saitama honestly felt sadness, he kept staring at the crying Genos for ten minutes before saying anything. "Genos, What is the matter?..", his voice was a little aggressive but he couldn't take not knowing why he was sad anymore. Genos jumped a bit and turned and looked Saitama in the eyes. Murky colored tears streaming down the side of Genos's cheeks. "Sensei?..", Genos replied and quickly wiped his face. Saitama had never saw Genos cry and was pretty sure that Cyborgs could not cry. Apparently he was wrong. "Today...is another anniversary of the mad cyborg attack...". Saitama felt his heart sink, he knew if one thing effected Genos it was the Mad Cyborg. Had it been one year since Saitama was told about this. Of course, he did not care when he was first told about it. But now since he knows Genos better it makes him feel bad. He sat up and pat the spot next to him. "Genos come sit here...". He watched Genos get up and sit next to him. Saitama put his arm around Genos's shoulder. "You shouldn't think about stuff like that...". Genos turned to Saitama, and Saitama cleared his throat. "I bet now you are strong enough to show the Mad Cyborg the what's for..". Saitama said and smiled despite the awkward sadness, "At that moment you were weak, it couldn't be helped it wasn't your fault and thanks to the doctor and I you are so much stronger in ways you wouldn't comprehend...". Saitama took a breather and ruffled the younger one's hair, "Hell, Genos you give me a better sparing session every time we spar...". Genos looked at him in disbelief, Saitama silenced what ever objection he was going to say with a look. "Feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to get you that rightfully deserved revenge now is it...?". Genos shook his head, "Then you train when you feel useless like this, you train like hell...You train hard in remembrance of all that happened and you better yourself..". Genos sat silently for a second and then spoke, "You're right sensei...Why am I putting myself down like this when I should be training my hardest...". Saitama sighed in relief he wasn't sure if he could give another speech of advice. What he told him being the only advice he ever told anyone. Genos quietly thanked Saitama for his words of wisdom and then laid down on the futon across from Saitama. "Oyasumi..", Saitama said and laid back down as well. "Oyasuminasai sensei...", Genos said and fell asleep soundly.