My Long Lost Brother

--❤️Hey guys! I have changed the prologue a bit so if you want to look, that would make all the other chapters make sense. It really contributes to the rest of the story. Hope you like it!❤️--
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
"That's all?" I asked as Noah and I got back to headquarters.
"What? You wanted more? It's only an underground hideout. It's not like it is an underground mansion." Noah said walking towards the long couch.
"No, I like it. It's very...cozy." I said walking towards Liam.
He was playing a game of chess with Jack. Liam placed his castle in front of Jack's King.
"Check. Mate." Jack rolled his eyes, standing up and walking away from the table. Liam rearranged the pieces to their original positions on the board.
     "Do you always win like that?" I asked him. He patted the seat next to him for me to sit down.
     "Well, pretty much. I'm practicing for a tournament in the game room next week." Liam explained to me as I crossed one leg over the other.
      "Do you think that you'll  win?" I asked.
      "With this much practice, I think that i'll be just fine."
      "I will be supporting you." I told him. "I'm  very confident that you'll win." 
      "Are you sure that you don't want to support anyone else?" I could tell that he was teasing me.
      "Of course not!" I said punching him playfully. "Your the one that I know the most and the one who I have the strongest connection with. I wouldn't choose anyone else."
       I could see a small smile on his face, but it went away quick. It could just have been my imagination.
He got up, taking my hand.
"We are going to announce what your job is. Come on!"
"Right now?" I asked walking towards the entrance of the layer with him.
"Of course we need to do it now. Everyone has to know what your job is. Even though I already know what it is." Everyone started gathering around the entrance where a makeshift stage stood. Liam guided me through the crowd, everyone staring at me as I passed.
I walked up the few steps to the stage. Liam and Jack followed. Jack started speaking to the crowd.
"I'd first like to say, thank you all for taking this time out of your own jobs to come to this ceremony. Knowing that you all have been at this stage once, I would like for all of you to show some respect."
Everyone quieted down soon after Jack had spoken.
"Thank you. Now I would like to proceed with the given job for Abbey. Abbey, stand here for me." He pointed down next to him. I stepped forward, standing by his side.
"Alright. Everyone knows that Abbey has the ability to not be seen in the wide open. And of course, so does Liam. They have been chosen to be working together to find breakouts."
I looked back at Liam, smiling. He just stared out into the crowd with his hands behind his back. I turned around, thinking.
"For I have been weak. Using my teleportation more often than usual. Everyday they will be given a gift that will help them with who they are and it will help them every step of the way. Now they will start right away, for they have to find our new breakout, Max Michaelson." Everyone clapped as Jack walked down the steps. The crowd started to leave.
I got to spend every day with Liam? Someone touched my arm moving their hand down to mine. I flinched, going out of my daze.
"Come on we have to go now." Liam's hand was still laced with mine. I looked into his eyes, the beautiful ones that I couldn't get over.
"Oh, right." We ran towards the wall and Liam teleported, taking me with him.
We appeared in a dark closet which I had recognized because of the organized shelves and a small lucky fortune cat waving in my direction.
      We were at Monument Dam. In the miniature Eiffel Tower.
We opened the door to broad daylight streaming through the windows. Liam and I walked to the entrance of the Eiffel Tower, walking down the steps that were there.
"What store should we go to first? Many people in town square say that they are missing supplies that were important products." Liam said, whispering in my ear. The cold breath against my cheek sent a shiver down my spine.
"The first store that we pass. Then we will just pick random ones." I whispered the same way he did to me. Liam nodded. We started walking towards town square. Soon, in a few minutes we were standing in front of a big fountain. A sign that said, Town Square.
We walked into each store, asking people where they saw him, learning new names and new faces. But no answer was given. Soon we came to a store that I instantly new that this was Camille's bake shop.
I took Liam's arms turning towards him.
"If we go in that store, my friend Camille will be in there. She always wants to know everything." I said looking to Liam for an answer.
"So? What does that have to do with me?" Liam asked.
"Whenever I go see Camille and there is a boy standing beside me, she always wants to know..." I didn't want to finish the sentence. Earlier, Liam didn't seem to be happy when we were able to work together.
"Well then, just say that we are."
"But I don't want to lie!"
"Do you want her to know our secret?
"I guess not."
"Come on." Liam said taking my hand.
Camille was handing a muffin on a plate to a young man who walked over to a dark haired woman. He cut it in half for them to share. Kate was icing a cake in the front of the store. She looked up to see us, tapping Camille on the shoulder.
"Abbey! I haven't seen you in weeks!" She ran from behind the counter and came running over to hug me. When she pulled back, she looked at me and Liam's hands laced together and Camille gasped deeply.
"Is this your boyfriend, Abbey?" She asked shifting her weight onto one leg.
"Yes. His name is Liam and we just happened to have so much in common when we first met." I said smiling happily.
"Well played," Liam whispered into my ear.
"I am so happy for you! He is very handsome. So... what did you come here for?"
"We wanted to find out if you knew anyone named Max... Max Michelson?" I asked her.
"Abbey! I never introduced you to him? He's my cousin. Why do you want to know?" Camille exclaimed.
"Well we were just looking up... famous people, and we found Max. We wanted to meet him since we called him for a...meeting tomorrow." Liam said. The pupil of my eye went small and then went big after Liam spoke. It was a trick that I have always done so that someone knows exactly what I am saying and does exactly what I tell them to do. It's called compelling.
"Oh yeah, he's at my house, doing some sort of research." I snapped my fingers so that she would forget what we just told her and she went out of the trance.
"Okay thanks." I said to her.
" I love your relationship! It's adorable." Camille said going behind the counter.
"Yes of...course." I shrugged at Liam. We walked out of the Cafe and into the streets of Central City. Liam took away his hand.
"Just to make it clear, we don't like each other at all right? I never wanted to date anyone and I still don't." I could tell that Liam was telling the truth. But the truth hurts. I knew that he didn't ever since we got the job. Maybe just a little, but if he did, I could barely see it. So I said what he would want.
"No. Of course not." He sighed a sigh of relief and I tried to act happy but my smile wasn't real. "We have to find Max." I said changing the subject. Liam nodded turning away from me.
I sighed sadly, walking along the fence that overlooked the river and rock that ran through the city. The green rusted spindles sticking out of the ground. I touched the pointed top as I leaned towards the river. I closed my eyes, listening to the sound of the small waves crashing onto the rocks.
Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my head and saw an image of Max, I saw him being taken by some teleporters. They disappeared in the living room. I briefly saw where they were taking him before the pain grew and I screamed at the top of my lungs. I heard footsteps running towards me as the pain slowly came and went.
"Abbey! What's happening?" He touched my arm as I tried to sit up.
"I can't tell you! It's to hard to speak." The last sentence was as quiet as a mouse. Somehow he understood me though.
Liam grabbed my arms and helped me to my feet.
"Here, I'll let you have some of my power." Liam grabbed onto my hands and I saw something channel between us. I was sure that it would make me feel better but I screamed more this time. I saw images of the place that Max was in. The more the image moved forward, the more the pain grew.
" It just makes the pain worse! There's too much power." I was slowly falling to the side. I was ready for impact with the concrete, but instead, I felt warm hands on my back. Liam was pretty much face to face with me.
" I am going to take you back to headquarters. We will just find Max tommorow. Right now you need a doctor and I need you to be better. " I nodded.
"I know where Max is. That's the pain that I got. I could see what was happening to him." I said as Liam picked me up. He raised his eyebrows as if he knew something that I didn't.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Nothing. Really it's nothing." Liam said.
I saw someone come out of the Cafe. It was Kate.
"Alright, let's go." Liam said.
" Wait-" I saw Kate's eyes widen as we teleported. The power of it made me dizzy. Then I saw everything go black.
——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-—
     When I opened my eyes, I saw blurry bits of color. Although, I could make out five people hovering over me. At first I thought that my head pain had gone away but sadly, I was wrong. As I was about to sit up, I felt a small throb on the left side of my head, so I just decided to lay back down.
     May, Hope, and Noah started to leave as I started to get my sight back. I could make out Liam's and Jack's face just slightly. I started to blink multiple times, slowly seeing the whole picture.
     "Abbey, can you see me?" Jack asked, waving his hand in front of my face. 
     "Barely," I said ,taking his hand down and using it to bring me to a sitting position.
I heard them both breath a sigh of relief as I finally saw everything become clear. The pain subsided, thankfully.
     "Jack, can you leave me and Abbey to talk alone?" Liam said.
     "Sure thing. But tell me when your done. I have a book to show to the both of you." Jack left to go out of the room. I saw him take May's hand and walk with her towards the main entrance.
     "So... Abbey." Liam said, scratching the back of his head.
     "What?" I said. I wasn't in the mood to talk. I jumped off the table that I was on and walked to the other side of the room.
    "Can we talk about what you saw?" He asked unsteadily.
"How do you know what I saw?" I said turning towards him. "Did you look into my mind? Without me telling you that its okay?"
"Yes?... Maybe?" Liam was struggling with words. "Well, I couldn't see into your mind anyway. It was blocked. I couldn't even ask you because you were sleeping."
      "You couldn't have asked me because you didn't know! Did you ever think once how I felt when I was out cold? Hmmm? Did you?" I asked ready to leave.
     Liam looked away and I just shook my head as I stormed out. I saw Jack by the doorway.
    "Wait my-"
    "I don't care about your stupid book, Jack!" I said cutting him off.
    "Wait, Abbey!" I heard Liam exclaim. I ignored him and teleported away to my above ground house.
I knew that someone would find me soon and find the substance of where I teleported. They'd just jump in my spot and come to where I am.
But I really don't care anymore. Liam doesn't even like me anyway, so why am I so upset? I should just stop thinking of him all the time. I told myself walking up the steps to my room. He obviously thinks that I'm really annoying. Did I overreact? I opened the door to my room and practically jumped back down the stairs, I was so startled.
Liam was standing right in the doorway. I stood up, taking in a deep breath. Thank goodness a railing was there so that I wouldn't fall to the first floor.
"Liam! You scared me! You practically made me fall to the first floor."
"Well good thing you didn't right?" He asked me. What kind of stupid question is that?
I pushed past him into my room and jumped right on to my bed, my nose hitting something hard. "Ow." I sat up, rubbing my nose and reached under the blankets. A small box was there.
I opened it up to see a picture of me and my brother when we were very little. I have no idea where he is now. I sighed, smiling at the photo. We looked nothing alike. He was gone when we were small and now I don't even remember his name. I had totally forgotten that Liam was there.
"What's that?" He asked pointing to the picture.
"It's me and my brother when we were very little." I put it down on my bed. "But its nothing important. Why are you here?"
"To explain myself. I don't want you to be upset when there is nothing to be upset about. I just want to make it up to you." He sat next to me on the bed and faced me.
"Look, Abbey I did wonder how you felt when you were out. I was so worried. But I knew that you were going to be alright. You're amazing at recovery."
That made me feel a little better.
"Well I can't control that so I don't know what you're talking about." I said teasingly.
"Come on! You love playing teasing games don't you? You do it to me all the time!"
"Well....maybe." I said. He pushed me down and tackled me until I said, "Stop! Stop it!" And by then, he was on top of me, pinning me down. His face so close. At first I thought he was leaning towards me but he was just leaning away from me. He sat on the edge of the bed, waiting.
I sat next to him and smiled. "Well you really made it up to me didn't you?"
"I guess I did." He smiled too and then I realized, just because he smiled, doesn't mean he likes me.
     I sighed when I thought about it and the vibration of sadness carried through the air.
"What's wrong? Your not going to get upset about everything again, are you?" Liam asked.
     "No. I'm just really tired. I can't think straight today." My acting must have worked or Liam's was even better.
     "I could so see that! You were acting so strange today." I nodded. Laughing. Just to cover it up. "Yeah."
"Come on, let's get something. Maybe at Camille's bake shop?" "Yes. Definitely." I picked up the picture of my brother and I walked over to where Liam was standing. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Liam took my hand. At first I was so shocked. He never takes my hand on purpose. He has before, but without realizing or not intending to. But after a moment Liam said, "For Camille." Of course! Of course that's how it's supposed to be.
I put on my best smile and walked out with him.

Soon we arrived at Camille's bake shop and went inside. We sat at an open table as Kate came straight over.
"Would you like a drink? Maybe some water?" Kate seemed more enthusiastic then usual.
"Umm... Yes. Yes thank you." Liam told her. She nodded, walking away.
I could tell that Liam was about to talk to me like regular people, but that was cut off by two glasses of water being placed on the table.
"That was quick." I said.
"Yeah, it's a very small task. I just wanted to ask you guys something. Who are you and what are you??!! You are definitely not human." She started out so sweet and kind, and ended off harsh.
"We aren't anything. The sun was probably playing tricks on you." I said to Kate.
"Yeah, sure. Because you suddenly just disappeared out in the wide open street!" Kate exclaimed sarcastically.
"Can we please talk about this over a nice, big cake?" Liam asked.
"Oh sure. Anything for you Prince Charming. But it will take 10 whole minutes." She walked towards the kitchen and the door closed behind her.
"We need to leave. Now." Liam and I started to get up and leave. We ran to the door and ran and ran until we were far away from Camille's.
"That was crazy." Liam said panting. "You can say that again.... Wait," I took out my photo and breathed a sigh of relief. But then I saw something in the photo that I haven't seen before. I looked closer at the bottom of the photo. It was words that were black like the night in the picture. My brother and I were sitting in a dark tent but there was still light on our faces.
"Liam look," He came over, still catching his breath. "Can you read that?" I asked. "I'll try." He put it into the sunlight and squinted at the small letters. " Abb.. Oh, Abbey. The next one is, a-n-d M-a... Ma-x, Max." I could tell that both Liam and I were speechless. "Max Michelson is my brother?" Liam and I sat down on the pavement. With no words to say.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
❤️Cliffhanger! Hope you liked chapter two! ❤️