Comfort

Rydel's POV 

I heard my phone vibrate on the kitchen counter. I slid my finger across the screen to unlock the phone and saw Ellington calling me.

"Hey Delly."

"Hey Ell."

"Do you wanna go and see that awesome new movie they've showing at the beach?" I could tell he was smiling through the phone because of how much he loved the beach and he was my best friend so I knew pretty much everything about him. It's a shame that he didn't know as much about me.

"I have to go Ell-" I hung up quickly when Jake entered the kitchen with a beer bottle in his hand.

"Who were you talking to?" He growled at me as he inched closer, making me gulp slowly and quickly put down my phone.

"My friend." I simply replied.

"Who? What friend?"

"E-Ellie....she wanted to hang out with me." I stuttered over my words and looked away from his angry face.

"I don't believe you! Now look at me when I'm talking to you!" He placed his hand on my neck, making me lift my eyes up at him.

"I don't believe you. I don't trust a single word you're saying. It's not Ellie that you were talking to." He clenched his jaw as I shook my head as he slightly tightened his grip around my neck, "It's Ellington. You're cheating on me with him."

I shook my head quicker this time as I struggled to get his hand off my neck, "He's only my best friend."

"You always say that but I don't believe you, you worthless cow!" He spat angrily, once again leaving a mark on my cheek when he slapped me, "Who would wanna even cheat with YOU on anyone?! No one! You're stupid and...not mentioning being ugly as hell-"

"Stop!" I screamed, finally managing to push him off me and causing him to be taken aback, "Stop treating me like that! You've promised me so...so m-many times that you'd never do this again." I felt my breathing become more heavier and my eyes turned glossy. This was one of the few times that I stood up for myself but I knew what would happen if I said anything else.

He raised his arm that he was holding the bottle in as I stared at him, studying his cold, angry eyes. I had managed to dodge his move just in time as he dropped the bottle making it shatter all over the floor. I guessed that bottle was supposed to smash over my head and by now, I had learned to know when to dodge his moves so he wouldn't end up killing me.

I rushed for the door and grabbed my jacket without even looking back and slamming it behind me as I heard loud yells from inside the house. That just made me speed up my pace as I ran down the street, holding my face in my hand against the cold wind, that made the mark painfully sting.

I reached Ellington's house and started banging the door; at that moment, I didn't really care if it wasn't polite if I didn't knock. The door swung open and Ellington's instantly opened widely for me to hug him.

"Hey Rydel."

I mumbled 'hey Ellington' under my breath as he helped me inside.

"What happened, Dells?" He whispered softly once he closed the door behind him and led me to the couch to help me sit down and plopped down next to me.

"N-Nothing. I just....I walked into a door...No big deal, honestly."

He frowned as he rubbed my back soothingly and threaded his fingers through my hair. "You should sleep, Dells and we can take you to the doctors tomorrow to get you checked up."

I instantly pushed him off me and shook my head, "N-no....Its....its gonna be okay Ellington. You know how clumsy I always am....always falling over and hitting myself on stuff. I'm gonna be okay."

He nodded slowly and stood up as well, "Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

"No thank you, I really should go now."

"It's gonna rain soon. There's no way that I'm letting you leave Dells. We could watch a movie or have a sleepover. We haven't done that in so long. I thought we were best friends-"

"No." I pulled away when he attempted to wrap his arms around me, "Jake will get worried about me if I don't get back home. See ya later."

I left his house as quickly as I had came here. I knew that it wouldn't be a good idea to come back home so I pulled up the zipper of my jacket and made my way to my mom's house.

Hope you enjoy this first official chapter of the book! I'm starting school next Wednesday so I'm not too sure how often this book will be updated. Anyway, I know I'm a bit late but happy 3 years of Rydellington so enjoy this gif of them because their cuteness makes me so happy

 Anyway, I know I'm a bit late but happy 3 years of Rydellington so enjoy this gif of them because their cuteness makes me so happy