Chapter Twenty-Five

Comenzar desde el principio

I couldn't see myself driving something so fancy and expensive.

"No but thank you," I declined his offer.

We drove for a while I noticed that he didn't ask me what I was in the mood for and so I asked him where we were going. It's when he told me that we were going to his restaurant and I looked down at my clothes.

I was wearing legging capris and a matching tank top and the sneakers to match. I wasn't really dressed to go to his restaurant which was a bit on the upscale side.

"Don't worry, you look fine and plus your with me," he said as if he could read my mind. We drove and as we did I noticed a black truck following right behind us. Every time we turned they followed and stayed right behind us. I was a bit curious but when we pulled up to his restaurant and a valet helped me out the car four guys in black suits got out of the truck as well. Mace joined me and noticed me looking at the guys smiled.

"My security, come on your safe with me."

He took my hand and once we were inside he spoke to someone by the door and they led us over to a private area in the back. As we followed Mace had his hand on the small of my back and pulled out a chair for me.

I noticed the security sat at a table close by and instead of relaxing they were all on guard. I was on guard but I relaxed as best as I could and picked up my menu and looked it over.

"You can order whatever you want, it's on me."

I ordered something small and simple and a water and after we ordered the waiter walked off. I could tell that Mace was staring at me so I took a sip of water to distract myself.

"So how have you been since the last time I saw you?"

I swallowed and sat my water down, "Not much as changed since then, just been working."

"All work and no play," he shook his head like he didn't approve, "How's Kaliyah?"

"She's good."

"That's great."

We shared small talk all the while we ate and towards the end of the meal I decided to steer the conversation in another direction.

"I never really thanked you for allowing me to cry on your shoulder at your party. Sorry my drama ruined the mood of the party."

"There's no need to apologize and anytime you need to talk or vent I'm here," he reached his hand across the table and laid it on top of mine, "Have you and August talked since everything that went down?"

I felt kind of awkward talking about August, "Not really but I think it's best if we just stay cordial for Kaliyah's sake. I love him, I think apart of me always will but I don't think were good together."

"And have you told him that?"

I shook my head with a sigh, "No, not yet. I guess."

"And why is that?"

"I guess I'm stalling because I'm not sure how he'll react."

"So your apprehensive because you don't want to hurt his feelings?"

"Something like that," I nodded.

"Was he concerned about your feelings when he was messing around on you, disrespecting you and breaking your heart?"

"I guess not," I looked down at my plate and pushed my food around. I didn't really have an appetite anyway.

He lifted my chin and forced me to look at him, "I don't say that to hurt your feelings or to be mean but he messed up, not you. If your scared about how he'll react then I can be there when you break the news to him."