With wide eyes, Elexis turned to Elijah. "What did you say about Henrik?" 

"What? That I adore him?" Elijah asked. "Well, I do. He is amazing, and I'm honored that he calls me his father. To me, he is my son." 

"I have been meaning to ask but us being soulmates, is that a reason for Henrik taking to you so fast?" Elexis asked. "Is that a reason as to why he called you father so soon?" 

"Yes, he senses that as well. Not only you were meant for me, Elexis, Henrik as well." Elijah explained. 

Elexis nodded, seeing as how that made sense as she pressed the button to ring the bell. "Well, I- for one- am really happy about how it worked out." 

"As am I, my dear, as am I." He said just as Margareth opened the door. 

"Elexis, my dear. How happy I am to see you again. Well, who is this handsome man?" Margareth asked as she looked at Elijah at the last part of her sentence. 

"Uhm, Margareth this is Elijah Smith, he is my boyfriend. Elijah, this is Margareth, she is an old friend of my father." Elexis introduced them. 

As Margareth stepped to the side, both walked in the house. Smiling as they walked in, they were soon notified by Henrik. 

"Mom! Da- Elijah!" The young boy ran to the couple and hugged both of them. "I've missed you." 

"We've missed you as well." Elijah said, grabbing him to put him on his hip. Being a bit taller than Elexis, it was possible for him to do so while that had stopped over a year ago for her. "Are you ready to go?" 

"You're not leaving already, are you?" Daniel asked. 

"We are. We have a fun day to start and if we want to do all of it, we need to leave now." Elexis explained. "I want to thank you for taking him with you guys, that was very nice of you." 

"Yes, very nice. We would both like to thank you." Elijah added, still with Henrik on his hip. 

Both shrugged. "It was our pleasure. Taking a little gentleman with us was a very nice experience." 

Later, after they left the Braxton house and were in the park, Henrik and Elijah were getting ice cream while she was alone. Sitting on a bench, she was checking her mail when a man sat next to her. 

"You have my brother's sent all over you." He said. 

Looking at him, she raised her brow. "Excuse me, who are you?" 

"Did my brother not tell you about me? I have to say, I am hurt." The man said. 

"You're Klaus." 

"Seeing as how we're practically family, and I actually like you- even though I've only seen you for five minutes, so you should praise yourself lucky- I guess you could call me Nik or Niklaus." 

"Now, why would I do that? I hardly know you." 

He shrugged with a slight smirk on his face. "Well, I have seen the way you act, the way you move. People often look past it, but bastard children notice others." 

"What are you-" 

"Don't tell me- no, I can see it in your eyes, you know." 

"Nik, why do you care if I'm a bastard child? It doesn't stop-" 

Of course Klaus cut her off again. "Everything you do, every course of action you've ever taken, tell me why did you do it?" 

"Why do- Fine, I only ever did it for my family." 

"I hear we're hunting the same person." Klaus said. "I hear you've been hunting Katerina Petrova for a little over a year now. When I ask her why, she doesn't say anything. I'm going to ask you now." 

"She threatened my family." 

"Your son." 

"Where are Elijah and my son?" Elexis asked, sitting up and looking around her. "They've been gone for quite some time." 

"Don't worry, love. I've not done anything to them. I did see the line for the ice cream was long." Klaus said. "You do everything for family, now you know my reasons." 

"Elena is family to me, I will protect her." Elexis said. 

"We'll see about that." Klaus said before getting up. "I do like you, Elexis, you are a person who I appreciate, even after only talking to you for a total of 3 minutes and watching you for 5." 

"That makes for 8 minutes." She said. 

"I knew I liked you for a reason." Before leaving.  

.

.

.

.

Two pictures for this chapter! Outfit and Hairstyle! 

Ignore the backpack, it isn't part of her outfit.

Did I add it? If not, this is her hairstyle!