Eighteen

Mone

I got the call about Zayn having the baby, but I was too tired to get out of the bed. Rome had gone to practice, so his side of the bed was cold. I sat up and stretched my bones, and grabbed my phone. Then, I walked into the bathroom and stopped at the mirror. It honestly didn't really look as if I was pregnant; I looked like I had a really good dinner and ate too much. I was only a week into my second month. A great deal of me was happy, but there was also the worry.

I shook off my thoughts and turned on the water to fill up the tub. Lately I liked to sit in the tub, rather than taking a shower. Majority of the reason was because Rome bought me dozens of those bath bombs. I stripped myself of my clothes and cut the water off. I grabbed another bomb with flower petals and I released it into the hot water. When it was done 'exploding', I stepped in and placed my phone on the windowsill that was by the tub. I took my loofah and just spread the water over my shoulders. I needed to go see Zayn and baby Jaydah, stop by my store for a few hours, and get my hair done right after. I had done my nails yesterday already. I needed to fly to Atlanta this week to check in on my store and the next day I would be coming back.

My thoughts were interrupted by the buzzing of my phone. I reached up and grabbed it to see Mommy flash across the screen. "Hello." I said nonchalantly. At this point, I really wasn't interested in anything she had to say. "Hey Mone, can you come by today?" She asked and I looked at the phone with a mug. "Why mommy? So you can yell at me again? If that's the case, I don't want to be bothered." I said, with a rasp to my voice. That moment still affected me in some way. "No. Just come, please? It's to talk things over. I haven't seen you in three weeks baby. I know you've had a brother and sister night with your siblings. I know you and your father went out for brunch.. I just wanna talk." She said. "Okay. Well I'm gonna stop by To you first." I sighed as I lifted the stopper up with my foot. "Alright see you later." She spoke before I pressed the red button. I stood up and stepped out of the tub. I sat my phone on the counter before grabbing my towel and wrapping it around myself. I brushed my teeth real good before walking back to the room.

It was going on twelve so I knew Rome would be stepping in any minute. I dried myself off and applied lotion to my skin. As soon as I stood up from the bed, the door slammed. I went in my drawer and pulled out a simple bra and underwear and put it on. "Simone!" I heard him yell. "What?" I yelled back. "Come!" He yelled. I sighed and walked out of my room. I walked down the steps and he was clearly upset. "What happened?" I asked confused. I know I ain't did shit to nobody. Hell, I was just getting up. "Jalenna is lying on me. She saying y'all close friends and that I whoop yo ass." He said getting frustrated. I immediately rolled my eyes. I don't even follow Jalenna so how are we friends? I made him sit on the couch. "Rome. Fuck Jalenna. Ignore it. I know how the NBA is about that shit. So whatever I gotta do I'll do it. Okay?" I said as I looked in his face and pecked his lips. "Relax." I mumbled. He nodded and I turned to go back and put on my clothes. "Where you going? Come." He said as he licked his lips. "No. You sweaty and I got places to be." I laughed as I walked up the stairs. I put on a fitted, peach sundress and tied a light blue jean shirt under my stomach. I added some gold sandals and these diamond earrings that I've had for a while.

Rome walked in as I was about to walk out. "Where you going?" He asked as he took off his shirt and threw it in the hamper. "My mom wanted me to stop by, I gotta see Zayn, I'm going to the store to deal with some paperwork, and I have to get my hair done." I said as I stood at the door. "You need me to go?" He asked as he took off the rest of his stuff and stepped in the shower. "No it's okay." I said waving him off. "Well okay. You know to call if you need." He said as he opened the glass door and stuck his head out. "Gimme kiss before I go. I don't know what time I'll be back." I said as I walked up to him. He stuck his head out and I pecked his lips before turning around to leave.