Chapter 1/ Before the Fall

I sit on the balcony ledge, staring off into the view.
The only place I can be myself, the only place I can be alone.
My brother, Ben didn't move with our family when we headed off to shoot my first movie. He said it was 'Only a one time ordeal and fame takes a toll on the human mind.' He was right about that.

He ended up staying with our grandparents until he was done with college, then he joined a publishing company in Washington.
He never visits, and that's sugarcoating it. Let's just say that the time he visits for more than a few days, is when I die.

He hates our parents, for more reasons than one. He hates the fact that I'm a doll to them and they think they can do whatever they'd like to me.

He's completely different from my boyfriend.

Nate used to be sweet, but now he's just cruel. He became like this not long after we got together. My parents don't want me to break up with him, they says he's the perfect fit. They don't know the real him...

I left the dried blood on my face, maybe one day my parents will actually see the scars.

My life took a turn off the deep end when I began gaining fame. More people became fond of me and because of that, my parents wanted me to have 'perfect' everything.

It sucks lemon drops.

I begin to cry again, I've tried to escape my life many times.
Begging my parents to let me go to a school instead of homeschooling. Weekend vacations to see my brother, I'm too busy every time I ask.
Tonight, is another attempt.
I shift my weight on the thin metal railing and look down. I want to jump, my tears are heavy and so is my heart. This will crush Ben, but I bet my parents won't even notice.

I shift my weight once more and I hear a yell from begin me. 
"SCARLETT!" I whip around to see Ben  in the doorway, running towards me. I loose my grip and fall down.
I fall down, down to the ground, maybe this time my escape will succeed.
I hit the ground, and before I black out all I hear is a crack...