"We have to audition!"

"You can audition," I say. "I'd rather read a book or watch TV or something."

"There are a bunch of cute boys auditioning!"

"I'm pretty much taken, so..."

"No!" Max yells. "Mine."

Hiro doubles over laughing behind me. "He wasn't thinking about you when he said cute boys were auditioning!" Hiro continues to laugh.

"Hey!" Max says. He pantomimes a microphone and pretends to sing. "Boys love boys and girls!"

"It's, 'Girls love girls and boys,'" I correct him.

"Oh whatever." Max regains his excited attitude. "I have to go put my name on the audition list!" He does an abrupt about-face and barrels down the hall, sending a few freshmen flying into the walls and lockers. (In case you couldn't tell, you, Max, and Hiro are seniors at this point.)

"Wait wait wait," Hiro says. "When Max mentioned cute boys, did you say you were basically taken?"

"Yeah..."

"Oh my God!" Hiro starts laughing again. "It's official? Yes! Yes yes yes!"

"Hiro!"

"What?"

"You're laughing," I say, "but you seem glad about this. But your laughing makes it seem like you're making fun of whatever it is Tadashi and I have."

"I'm probably high, I don't know." Hiro shrugs and walks away.

"I'm so confused!" I yell down the hall, earning a few weird stares from people.

----------

"Mom," I say. "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom."

My mom walks from the kitchen into the living room, agitated. "Yes, you summoned me?"

"How was work?"

"Fantastic," she says sarcastically. "Remind me why I wanted to be a teacher?"

"Because you love kids?"

"They're demons!" She shakes her head violently and lets out a deep breath. "No. Children are not demons. If you'll excuse me, I need to go cut up a vegetable."

As she walks away, I shake my head. Is everyone on drugs today?

----------

"Friday!" I yell, wrapping my arms around Tadashi's head. "I'm exhausted."

Tadashi pats my hand. "It gets worse, don't worry."

"Thaaaanks," I say sarcastically, sitting next to him on the bed. "So. What are you looking at?"

"The battery for my project. I feel like something better is right at the edge of my brain, wanting to come out, but nothing is actually coming!"

"I'm sure it'll come to you eventually." I pat his shoulder. "Remain positive."

"Thanks (Y/n)." Tadashi looks down and smiles at me. I blush and smile back.

"I want a boyfriend!" Max says from across the room.

Hiro elbows him. "Let them have their moment."

"Okay," Tadashi says. "We have a weekend ahead of us where I need to make major progress on my project if I want to stay alive in SFIT. (Y/n), since you have already seen the project, would you like to help?"

"I most certainly would, Mr. Hamada."

Tadashi chuckles. "Okay. Could you be over here at nine?"

"Nine in the afternoon, I most certainly could."

(I have two references from the same band in this chapter. Pop quiz! Which band?)

Tadashi shakes his head, not getting the reference. "No, (Y/n), nine in the morning. Is nine in the afternoon even a thing? Wouldn't it be nine at night?"

I roll my eyes. "Ugh. You just don't get it."

"You're right. I don't."

I smile. "You will eventually."

----------

I watch as everything crumbles before me. I watch as Tadashi breaks away from Hiro and me, running toward the end of his existence. I watch as people run away from the blurry terror. I can't even tell what the awful thing is. But I can just tell it's about to rip Tadashi away from me.

I scream his name in a desperate attempt to stop him. But he forges forward, into the dangerous blur that looms before all of us.

And, suddenly, everything explodes. Hiro and I are tossed back by something still unseen. I hit the hard ground. Sitting up, I rub my head.

"Tadashi!" I scream to no avail. "Tadashi! No!"

----------

"No!" I yell, sitting up. "Tadashi!"

Max jolts up. He convinced me that he could stay another night. "(Y/n)! What's wrong?"

"N-nothing," I say, grabbing blindly for my phone off my night stand.

(Y/n): Text me when you get this.

Tadashi: I got it. You okay?

(Y/n): Yeah, I'm fine. Good night.

Tadashi: All righty then. Good night.

I sit back and set my phone down. At least I know he's okay.

But what the (cwoc) was that dream?? (Don't comment your cuss words here either. XD)

/////////

A/n: Hello! You! Have your survived your first year of high school! If no, or if you're not in high school yet, you can flip right on past this. If you have survived your first year of high school, PLEASE READ ON I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

So, since I was six or seven, I've been at this small private school that has grades pre-8th in one building. The whole time I was there, there were only about two hundred students for pre-8th. That is a tiny school.

Next week, I will be starting high school at the local public school of about 2,500 students. The building is huge and I will know maybe three people. This one girl who used to go to my school who I'm pretty sure hates my guts and used to bully me, this kid I also went to school with who annoys the crap out of me, and this girl who I've met twice at my friend's birthday parties, but she's super nice.

I have absolutely no clue what the heck I'm doing. I've always been at this small, private school where almost everyone knew everyone. Now, there will be about 600 people in my graduating class. I am used to wearing uniforms and not worrying about my outfit. Now, I have to pick out stuff to wear every morning. I'm used to looking around the room and being able to say I have at least one friend in there with me. Now, I can't say that.

I am terrified and I do not know what to do.

So, please, if any of you have advice for me, I would so very deeply appreciate it. Tips on friend making, classes, lunch, upper class-men, anything! I'm just so lost right now and I do not want to mess anything up.

Thank you, if you read this all the way through, by the way. You're awesome.

Until next chapter.