Lucy gave a hearty laugh and slung her arm around my shoulders.  “Well, my little whore these sex Gods,” she motioned around her to all the guys, “will be at the party tonight.  There’s no better time to get a hottie then when you’re looking like one, right?”

I nodded and smiled.  “I’ll be there by 9.”  I felt bad for lying to my best friend, but I couldn’t bear to be here any longer.  It was my own personal hell and each day it was the same.     

The bell rung out and Lucy glanced down to her watch.  “Shit! I’ve got to go.”  She grabbed me and kissed my cheek.  “I swear Emmeline Dixon if you’re sweet ass is not at that party revenge will be mine.  Understand?"

I chuckled. “Yes Lieutenant Party Girl.”  

I didn't have to be in class for the rest of the day so instead of going back to the dorm I headed to the library to start on a paper we were given this morning.  I didn’t know why I felt the need to make a start considering if tonight went to plan it wouldn’t be getting finished.  I guess it was because unlike some other people I actually didn't mind doing school work, I mean I didn't love it, but I managed to get it done. 

                The scent of old books hit me as soon as I walked through the double door.  That’s another reason I love coming here, it’s probably one of the best smells in the world.  I smiled to Mrs Peterson, the school librarian, as I crossed the floor to the same mahogany desk I have sat at for the last year.   Getting out my book I took deep breath and submerged myself into the details of World War II. 

Three hours later I was sure my head was going to burst from information overload about the history of the Nazis.  The quietness of the library was soon ruined by the hunger monster in my stomach who decided to growl from starvation.  Oh god! I could feel my cheeks flame up and instantly scolded myself for not eating breakfast.  Rummaging through my bag and I pulled out my lunch and set it out on the table before taking a bite of my chicken wrap.  Lucy may be a lot of things, but she sure can make one hell of a sandwich. 

                As I brushed the crumbs off the table I noticed a perfectly folded piece of paper in front of me.  Was that there before?  I don't think so.  Looking around to see if anyone was close by I wondered who the paper belonged to and when had it landed on my desk.  When my eyes found nobody around me I shrugged and began to unfold the paper.

Looks like the suicidal girl backed out after all.

My jaw dropped open and my eyes went wide.  I quickly stood up forcing the chair to fall backwards and hit the wooded floor causing a loud bang to echo around the library.  My hands were shaking with anger.  Who was this guy and why the hell has he decided to start a hate campaign against me?  Shoving the remainder of my lunch and books in the bag I slammed the chair under the table and stormed out of the library not caring who was looking at me.  I just needed to get out of there and back to my room.   How dare anyone make fun of someone who feels the way I do?  Doesn’t he think to find out why I wanted to jump last night instead of making up a reason in his stupid mind?

I could feel tears pricking my eyes, but I refused to let myself cry, there was no way in hell I was going to spill tears for that jerk.  Everywhere was completely empty with everyone in classes and I was thankful for that because I was pretty sure the way I was storming through the corridors I looked like a mad woman on the hunt for her axe. 

                As soon as I reached the door to my room I just couldn’t wait to get inside.  I flung the door open and let it slam behind me before I threw my bag on the bed and headed for the balcony.  Since I was younger, no matter what was wrong with me, I always felt better when I stood outside and let the breeze hit me.  The balcony had strangely become a sort of comfort blanket to me.  Maybe it’s because I had spoken to my family every night for the past year out here or because it was the only place I was alone.  Either way I felt myself becoming calmer and less murderous. 

I wasn't sure what bothered me more, the fact someone had judged me about something he knows nothing about or because he was a complete stranger who probably didn't even know my name.  Either way I was pissed. 

Gravel crunching sounded beneath me. “You should be careful up there, you know.”  A man spoke. 

I looked over the edge, but couldn’t see anyone.  Rolling my eyes, I tried to make my voice sound friendly.  “Yeah, I’m fine thanks.” I wasn't really in the mood for general chit chat.  I obviously pulled it off because he continued to talk.  “Make sure you don't fall.” The words that came out of his mouth next made my jaw drop for a second time today. “Oh, silly me jumping’s more your thing, right?” 

I threw the top half of my body over the edge of the stone to get a better view of the ground, but I still couldn’t see him. I thought his voice was oddly familiar.  “Who are you?”  I yelled.  The murderous feelings were well and truly back.  There was no answer.  “Hello?” I called louder, but there was still no reply.  I let out a scream of frustration before storming back into my room and fell back on to my bed.  I had no idea who that guy was, but I knew I hated him. 

Like? Hate?  Guys, tell me what you think? <3