"They had been tracking me for days, it was only a matter of time before they'd get to me. So I let them."

"You let them?" I snorted, walking closer. "You let them do that to you?"

"Maybe not exactly giving them a permission slip, but I thought if they got their hands on me, got to beat me a little and see I didn't have the USB anymore, they'd take a step back."

"So after they did that to you, you escaped and came here?"

"I missed Bob."

"Shut up. You're sure you weren't followed?" I asked skeptically and automatically went to my window to glance out.

"I'm sure, tesoro. Now come sit, I need to talk to you."

"You already are."

"I want to look at your face while doing so, even as much as I like glancing at your ass."

Irritatedly, I turned around and glared at him. I then slowly walked up to him, watching his lips twitch as I sat down in my lounger across from him, my arms still crossed. "Talk, then. Why did you come here?"

Vince leaned back, then fished out the USB from his pocket which I had hidden inside my smoke alarm. "It's time we discuss this."

I wasn't even going to ask him how he knew where I had hidden it. It would only bring him too much satisfaction explaining himself. "Are you finally going to tell me what's on it?"

"I'll do you one better. I'll show you."

I lifted a brow. "How do you plan on doing that, exactly? If we plug it in, we activate the tracking device."

Vince laid the USB down on my coffee table, then winced as he leaned sideways to pull a suitcase out from under my couch, one I had no idea how long had been there. It wasn't mine, that was for sure. He put it down next to him on the couch, then turned back to me. "This suitcase contains all that you need to know."

"All that I need to know," I echoed. "So am I to assume you won't tell me everything?"

"Only what's essential to you."

"Right. Well, I'm listening."

"You won't get any names," He said, clicking the suitcase open and begun laying out about two dozen photos on my tiny coffee table. "Just pictures."

"Alright. Just pictures," I said, glancing down at all the photos he was laying out for me. Some looked like mugshots while some might as well have been from social media. "Who are these people?"

"These are all people who have been victims of inhumane trials and prosecutions," Vince told, sliding out three of the photos, emphasizing them for me, "Especially these three."

"That's a shitload of ink that kid on the left there has."

"These three are the reason AISE, aka I, have been contacted," Vince continued uninterrupted. "They requested our help and protection to circumvent the corruption of your government."

Now my interest was piqued. "Alright, you have my attention. Start from the beginning."

Vince sat up straighter, grimacing as his injuries bothered him. Then with a deep sigh, he begun; "At an early stage in their lives, all of these subjects were sought out and convinced to join a program that disguised themselves as a new research foundation, when in truth, they were scientists with ill morals."