Chapter 1: The After "Party"

FRED'S POV:

My head was full of rage. Correction: my head was full of every emotion known to man. Why did she choose him? I know he asked her, but still. It's ridiculous. Just because Ronald is too idiotic to ask her, doesn't mean she should agree to go with Victor Krum! But I'm not jealous... am I?

The Yule Ball was over and a few of us were still partying on into the night in Gryffindor Common Room. Well, we were until Hermione burst in and was suddenly ambushed by my brother, Ron. Earlier in the evening, Hermione turned up to the ball to be greeted by her date, Victor Krum. Everyone thought she looked beautiful (myself included), but Ron and I were outraged to see her on the arm of Krum. I'm not yet sure if Ron was jealous or not, because I'm not sure he even realised she was a girl until now, but I do know he gave her a pretty hard time over it.

THIRD PERSON:

"Hermione, I'm just saying-"

"What, Ronald? That you think I'm not good enough to go with him? Or that I should have waited for you to realise that I'm a girl?" Hermione cried, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

"Look, I know I was stupid, but I just never thought of you in that way before." Ron said.

"You think of me in that way, now?" Hermione asked him hopefully.

"Um..." The truth is Ron didn't know how he felt. It's not like he's really felt like that before. But, of course, Hermione thought he was saying no.

"Of course it's a no! How could I be so stupid? Well, at least I now know where I stand with you." She began to storm off but then turned and said, "Actually, I'm staying. You can leave." And she slumped down on the couch in between Harry and Fred. Harry, Fred, George and Neville (who were also in the room) stared at Ron as he backed out of the common room and up to the boys' dormitory.

There was complete silence for a few moment until a loud thump and a cry of pain came from the dormitory and Ron's voice screamed, "BLOODY HELL!" The twins and Harry burst out laughing, Neville looked shocked. Hermione crossed her arms and simply said, "He deserved that."

There was yet another silence when it was finally broken by Fred. "For once I actually agree with Ron." Hermione simply glared at the twin sitting next to her. "I mean... How do I put this? Um... You aren't exactly....on his level, if you know what I mean." Quite, excited to finally confess his true feelings. He wanted her to know that she can do much better than him.

"No, Fred, I don't know what you mean. But I have a pretty good idea." Fred immediately had a bad feeling about how she was about to react.

"What?"

"You, like your brother, think I don't deserve Victor. That I'm not good enough for him. Well I am sick, Fred Weasley, of not being good enough. If you and Ron think I'm not good enough for either of you, so be it, because I have Victor. He likes me. It may not be the most romantic relationships, but at least I know where I stand with him. Unlike you."