When she opened the door she was surprised to see who it was.

"Kirsch?"

"Hey, little nerd. Mind if I come in?" he asked.

"Of course not." Laura opened the door for him to pass. As she looked at her friend, sitting down at the sofa, she realized how tired and sad he seemed to be and she had a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. She sat by his side and waited for him to talk.

"Danny and I broke up." he finally said, not looking at Laura.

"Shit Kirsch. I'm sorry. What happened?" she asked, her stomach twisting with apprehension.

"I don't know little nerd. She's been kind of weird lately, you know? Like avoiding me, finding excuses not to see each other. And then, last night, she canceled our dinner plans, she said she had to work. But this morning in the newspaper..." he trailed off.

"Damn it." Laura said, "Kirsch, you must know that there's nothing between Danny and me. She is my friend, but that's it. What that woman wrote in the newspaper is a lie, just a stupid gossip."

"I know she's just a friend to you. That's why I came here. I wanted to tell you that I don't blame you." He said.

"Then talk to Danny. You guys are good together, I don't like seeing you like this." she said, but Kirsch just shook his head.

"Can't do, Laura. Danny, she" he gulped, "she said it's true what Sarah Jane wrote, about she having feelings for you."

"WHAT?" Laura shouted, jumping from the couch.

"When I saw the newspaper this morning, I asked why she lied yesterday about where she was going and she, and she told me..." Kirsch gulped and stopped talking, Laura looked at him and realized he was crying.

"Oh Kirsch." She said in a soft voice, sitting beside him again and embracing him the best she could, considering how big he was for her tiny arms. "I'm so, so sorry about this. I swear I had no idea Danny felt like that."

"I know Laura. You're the best bro ever, I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

They stayed in silence for a while, Laura holding Kirsch, trying to comfort him. Her stomach was twisting with everything he'd told her and she wished she hadn't had that hot chocolate after all.

"I better go, little nerd. I'm meeting some of my Zeta bros, I'll be staying with one of them for now." Kirsch said, getting up.

"Look Kirsch, I'm really sorry about all of this. If you need me for anything, you know I'm here for you, right?" she told him.

"I know. I'm here for you too, if you need me." he said, with a small smile.

At that moment, Laura's doorbell rang again. When she opened the door she stiffened immediately. Danny was standing there.

"Can we talk, Laura?" she said, and then she noticed Kirsch behind the journalist and grimaced.

"I don't think we have anything to talk about Danny. How could you? How could you do this to Kirsch? What is wrong with you?" she said, staying inside the apartment and blocking the door, standing defensively in front of Kirsch, which should have been hilarious considering Danny was almost twice her size, but the look in her eyes was more than enough to compensate for her tiny frame.

"Laura, I can't help how I few. I've always been in love with you." she continued.

"God, Danny. I can't recognize you anymore. How can you say something like that to me in front of you ex-boyfriend as of this morning? How can you be so callous?" Laura was astonished at the way Danny was acting.