Fortunate Accidents- 18

Start from the beginning

"You know how to cook?" Rachel asked surprisingly.

"Yeah," I say.

"Well, I guess you're just full of surprises Tailah Evans!" She laughed. Tailah Evans, I liked that.

-----

We were eating our pizza at the coffee table whilst watching a newer episode of Survivor. Rachel absolutely loved the show too.

"How's your pizza?" I asked her. She made a pepperoni pizza and I made a hawaiian sort of pizza.

"Amazing, actually, it may even be better than Domino's," She said.

"Dominos?"

"You don't know Dominos pizza? Are your serious?" She had the slightest sound of astonishment in her voice.

"No, I've never had takeout aside from last week with you and Josh, oh and when I was in hospital," I said.

"Wow, girl. You have not lived!" She laughed. I joined. I was so happy.

Rachel's phone buzzed. She looked down at it and back up at me.

"Josh and Colleen are heading home now," She told me.

"Sucks to be them," I joke, "They missed out on pizza,"

"I'm not sharin'" Rachel said.

I laugh.

-----

Rachel had gone home now, it was nearly 10PM. I really love hanging out with her. I'm sitting in my room reading book 1 of 'Canterwood Crest'. I really enjoy the book so far, it's amazing actually. It makes me think of riding horses and how I wished I owned one. Oh well Tailah! Get over it, your not going to the Olympics for horse riding! It's impossible!

"Hey Tai," Colleen says peering through the door.

"Hi," I say putting my book on my chest and sitting up.

"I've got an email for you," She said. Oh no! Does she know that I emailed Connor behind her back? What if she's mad?

"Oh," I act surprised, "Who from?"

"Don't know," She says, "It says it's from walker.t.c@something.com.au. Why are you getting emails from people in Australia?" She asked. She didn't seem angry, mad, sad she was just... normal I guess.

"Oh, well. They're from my brother," I confess.

"How does he know my email?" She asked. She wasn't angry, just curious.

"I emailed him today. I snuck into your room and used your laptop. I'm really sorry," I say.

"It's fine. I think it's good that you're in contact with your brother. I'd love to meet him someday," She said.

"I think you'd really like him," I tell her. I think Connor and Colleen would get along great. They're both such sweet people and they both care about me.

She went to hand me her laptop.

"I'll check it in the morning," I tell her stopping her from giving me the laptop with my hand.

"Huh?" Colleen says confused.

"Night Colleen," I say getting out of bed and hugging her.

She put the computer on my nightstand and hugged me back.

"Goodnight Tailah Paige Evans," She said my full name. No one but mum and Connor call me by my full name. I like it when Colleen calls me that though...

A/N

Hey!

How'd you like Chapter 18?
Comment below your favourite emoji! Mine's the unicorn or the person riding a horse (🦄🏇)
If you don't know, I love horses! I own my very own masterpeice and her name is Dell. She's a Standardbred mare and I do mainly trails and jumping with her. I taught myself how to ride around 2 years ago and to this day it's the best thing I've ever done!

Have an awesome day!

Bye bye!

~Hailey