Jermany

WINTER IN ALASKA

I am a Siberian husky named Jermany. I was born in Alaska and that is where I planned to live. Well, my plans changed in the month of November. It was morning and i was just a puppy. I would follow my mom for food, and any where I went. The name I got was strange because I did not live in Germany I lived in Alaska. We knew that November was a dangerous month. I did not know why, my mom told me that they shoot in November to catch wild turkey. She also said they could accidently shoot us.

One night as I was sleeping I heard a loud BANG! I snuggled close to my mom but she looked frightened as well. She led me to a large tree with a dry hollow. Lucky for me there was a sleeping squirrel inside for me to have a meal. With a full tummy I went back to bed. Then I heard the BANG again this time louder. The ground felt as if it was shaking, I yelped. In the morning my mom and I were scavenging for food when I heard a blast behind me. I ran as fast as I could until I bumped into a figure, it was a hunter.

The hunter picked me up and put me in a crate. I did not know where I was going but wherever I was going, this was my new life. I found his name was Homer and his wife's name was Becky. And from that time on I lingered around their yard. When I got bigger and stronger he hitched me to a big heavy wood thing. And he wanted ME to pull it. I thought he was crazy, I cannot pull this. Then he cracked the whip I let out a cry of alarm. First the sled now the whip what could be worst. Then I found out what, he got on it and said mush and started yelling human language. I got the picture and I started running as fast as my legs could take me which was nowhere. He was way too heavy for me to pull. At night he unhooked me, I found this as an opportunity. I bolted out of there and into the forest. I ran until I could run no more and I panted and drooled. Then I collapsed on the ground and fell asleep. In the morning I walked close by to his house. I seen him talking to a metal object, now I knew he was crazy. I walked closer when I heard him say, "I will be shipping it today, yes, ok, call you back, bye."

"Shipping," I thought, "On a ship?" The next day I heard a whirring sound. I seen a huge shadow, as I chased the shadow I realized it got bigger and bigger. I looked up and seen a huge, white and blue figure. When it landed a lady stepped out and went to my old owner's house.

I realized the door was open so I tried to close it. I stretched and got hold to the handle I pulled it in carefully. Now I could consider myself a helicopter driver. I continued to rise when I realized a T looking device I hit it and I moved to the right. I hit it the other way and it moved to the left. I continued to steer until I decided I would take a nap. I curled up on the seat.

In a few minutes I heard an alarm and seen clear blue all around me. I wondered why the alarm was sounding in such perfect weather then I plummeted into the blue water. I realized I could not breathe my nose stung and there was no escape I searched for the door and pushed it as hard as I could I went through and swam to the surface. I took many breaths of air until I was back to my normal self.

As I looked around me there was nothing. I felt hopeless, and I swam around for hours until I could swim no more. I started to sink when I seen a blueish figure. I swam just to in and rested on top. It swam for a while when it stopped near an island I swam at full speed towards the island. I landed with a thud and fell asleep in the grainy sand. When I woke up I was in a hut, this man was stirring this stuff. It smelled terrible; I thought I was going to faint. Then he poured some in a bowl and motioned me to drink it. I looked at him in disbelief; I was not going to drink that for any thing. I tried to run but my leg throbbed with pain.

I turned around to the worst thing in the world it was Fi-Fi, Fi- Fi is a poodle who lives in Hawaii. She came to Alaska last summer with her owner Francine. Why I don't like her, simple. Fi-Fi thinks it is a game to pull tufts of my fur leaving me practically bald. Then it occurred to me that I must be in Hawaii. How I managed to make it to Hawaii I don't know but it happened. I rested there at the man's hut until I got better.