Chapter 19: The Not So Mr.Understanding

Comenzar desde el principio

Cameron grabbed me into a bear hug that bumped me out of my memories. He always hugged me like that, but unlike every other time, I didn't push him away.

I knew I was going to miss him and honestly I wasn't ready to say good-bye, but, I really didn't have a choice. The ride to the airport was quiet. The noise came when he was about to go through security. I couldn't go any further with him so we decided to say our good-byes. Everything was going well until he asked the question again.

"Maddy I'm not getting on that plane till you promise that you're going to be in my wedding." He said stubbornly still managing to wear that stupid patronizing smile.

"Well then I guess we should fix the guest room again, and cancel your flight." I teased.

"Oh come on Maddy, you agreed. You can't go back on your word." He pushed.

"American Airlines Flight one-three-three will be taking off in thirty minutes." The speaker system in the airport warned. I looked at Cameron panicked.

"You're going to miss your flight!" I exclaimed in frustration. Cameron still had to go through security. My Dad stayed in the car, and I think It was a good thing, because he probably would have taken sides with Cameron. I whined something unintelligible. He rolled his eyes. I looked at the big clock on the wall. I thought about it a long time after I'd agreed and I couldn't figure out why I had said yes in the first place.

"Madeline." He scolded. I glared at him. He knew I hated that name, he always used it in arguments to spite me.

"Fine." I shouted.

"Promise?" he demanded.

"Ugh, I promise!" I spat. He picked me up and swung me around. I never really was mad at him, just annoyed.

"You know I love you, right?" He laughed.

"You know I hate you, right?" I retorted sulking.

"Yes I know you love me too." He hugged me again. I couldn't help but smile.

"American Airlines Flight one-three-three will be taking off in twenty-five minutes." I tried hard to suppress a smile.

"What? It hasn't been five minutes!" Cameron exclaimed. "This crap is rigged." He laughed.

"I wish you didn't have to leave." I said truly saddened.

"I wish you didn't have to stay." He replied. I smiled at that comment. We both had made lives apart, and now there was no going back.

"Touché. " I laughed. "I guess we're screwed."

"I think we figured that out the day you came to London." He laughed and continued. "Besides, fourth of July will be here soon, and I'll be back." He said hopeful. He was coming back with his fiancé for fourth of July weekend. I laughed at the thought of his fiancé celebrating independence day with us, from her own country.