Chapter 14. Friends in need

Start from the beginning

~~

I woke up from the sound of loud whispering that came from somewhere in my dorm.

I shifted a bit on my bed but stayed down and kept my eyes close so I could listen to what was going on.

"There has to be a reason Demi." Lucas said in a normal voice "She can't just end things between us like that."

"Shh, keep your voice down." Demi rushed to say "I told you she's asleep. And I'm sure she gave you a reason as to why she broke up with you." She whispered

"Fighting isn't a serious reason."

Demi sighed "You two are the only ones that know what was happening while you were together. I can't get in the middle of that."

"I want to see her, talk to her."Lucas insisted and I realized it was time for me to actually get up and face my problems.

"I'm up." I spoke getting up from my bed.

They were standing at the door of my dorm.

I looked at Demi who had a worried look on her face "It's fine."

She sighed "I'll stay outside so you two can talk."

I nodded and she walked out closing the door behind her.

"Emma..." Lucas started, his blue eyes were darker and it was obvious he hadn't had enough sleep if none at all. His hair was messed up and he looked like a mess in general which only made me feel like a bigget mess that I was on the inside already.

"What are you doing here Lucas?" I asked with a sigh.

"I'm here to see you, I'm here to fix things."

Don't you just hate it when people try to make things right after the relationship has ended? I mean if you had tried that earlier, we wouldn't be at this position now.

"There's nothing to fix now. It's over." I said

"Is there someone else?"

Of course he'd think that.

"No. I just want to be alone."

"Why don't you give me another chance?"

"All I've been doing the past couple of months is give you chances."

"It couldn't be that bad." He argued and he was right.

"I didn't say that. We had good moments, and we had bad ones too. We were in a relationship and it ended, we have to move on."

"So this is it?" He asked in a angrier tone now. His blue eyes darkening up.

"Yes. I'm sorry."

"Fine. Whatever you say." He opened the door and with that, he was gone.

"Em." Demi said walking in and the closing the door behind her.

"I'm fine." I said running a hand through my hair.

"Em honey I can't really believe you when you say that while having tears running down your face." She said pulling me in a tight hug.

I'm crying?

I wiped my eyes "I didn't mean to hurt him."

"I know." She said slightly combing my hair with her fingers "He's a big guy, he'll get over it."

~~

"You can't skip again, it's the last day before exams start Emma."

"I don't feel like going Dem, I wanna stay home." I groaned rolling on my back.